Mature sheep

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
Chuffy said:
One of the most memorable experiences of my life was of the whole family being dragged off the street to attend a wedding reception. We were served with an entire roast sheep on a silver platter. You just had to rip off bits and roll them in the rice. It was fantastic and to this day my family talks about 'mutton grab'. xx(
I never went to a mutton grab but did go to quite a number of goat grabs - fantastic hospitality! Also happy memories of the DKD area, our company was building King Khalid Military City and we had a transit hotel in Khobar - stayed there a number of times.

Speicher - Did you ever try camel's milk? If you didn't - just be thankful! Also there was a butcher's shop in Jeddah - not far from the 'bicycle roundabout' that sold 'special meat' - chops, sausages and lovely bacon; all you had to do was to wait until there were no Saudis in the shop!

domtyler

Über Member
mr_hippo said:
I never went to a mutton grab but did go to quite a number of goat grabs - fantastic hospitality! Also happy memories of the DKD area, our company was building King Khalid Military City and we had a transit hotel in Khobar - stayed there a number of times.

Speicher - Did you ever try camel's milk? If you didn't - just be thankful! Also there was a butcher's shop in Jeddah - not far from the 'bicycle roundabout' that sold 'special meat' - chops, sausages and lovely bacon; all you had to do was to wait until there were no Saudis in the shop!

Just a thought Mr H, but have you ever tried eating Hippo?

Top Bottom