Mavic Aksium front wheel hub lateral play

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello,

How do I fix about 1mm of lateral play in a Mavic Aksium Race road bike wheel hub? I've taken the skewer out and the remaining part which turns in the wheel has about 1mm of horizontal (sideways) movement. Not good.

Thanks.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
It's a know problem with Aksium hubs. Replacement is the fix unless someone knows otherwise.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
What year wheel. You can adjust the older ones (and the Ksyrium Equipe) like you would a traditional cup and cone and adjust the bearing pre-load. If you can't, it's likely you have a worn bearing.

Photo of the end of the axel would help.

My Aksiums needed a little adjustment when I bought them, and were never touched after that. They are over 10 years old but are the Aksium Race

OP
OP
B

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

What year wheel. You can adjust the older ones (and the Ksyrium Equipe) like you would a traditional cup and cone and adjust the bearing pre-load. If you can't, it's likely you have a worn bearing.

Photo of the end of the axel would help.

My Aksiums needed a little adjustment when I bought them, and were never touched after that. They are over 10 years old but are the Aksium Race
Don't know what year wheel. Bought it second hand.

Is that photo any use?

Thanks.

Attachments

• WP_20210621_18_22_06_Pro.jpg
    WP_20210621_18_22_06_Pro.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 14

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Aren't there problems with the freehubs too leading to the 'squeal of death'? Just to make your day ^_^

Top Bottom