Mavic Cyclo Tour Shoe any experiance?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SS Retro

I ride with road spd Shimano A600
Shimano_PDA600_Pedal_Grey.jpg

So need a road/touring SPD shoe to suit, currently use DHB mtb shoes these have been good but want some thing I can walk in but look more road styled. I have looked at the Shimano RT82 shoe whist they look nice they weigh a ton more than my current MTB shoes!

Have found a great half price deal on the Mavic Cyclo Tour, anyone any experiance of them?

mavic_cyclo_tour_shoe.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
SS Retro

SS Retro

Well considered the spd road options from Shimano and Specialized, but the pull of the Mavics at the £49.99 deal price as opposed to £100 and half the weight of the shimanos went ahead and ordered.

Last edited:

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Ah yes I read that recycled comment when researching these shoes. ;)

Lol :smile:

I do like Mavic, what cyclist dont?

Its just that logo.......

OP
OP
SS Retro

SS Retro

Tried the shoes today over a 60mile ride with some good climbs, basically I didn't notice I was wearing them so to me there ok.
I had thin Merino socks on and planet x spring/aurtum Flanders overshoes on. My feet weren't really cold but weren't tosty either.
Just a word of caution I spent an hour with a vernier caliper getting the cleats in the same position as my other shoes,only to find they were really tight to clip in. There was a pack of four shims in two thickness so spent some more time in cleat alignment with the thinner shims and everything is spot on.

Top Bottom