Maxims to live your life by

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
In the right moonlight, with the right liquor, anyone can seem attractive.:smooch:

One borrowed from tonight's play.

Jameshow

Veteran
it's not the mistakes we make in life, that define us, it's what we do, when we discover them

one of my own, feel free to use it

Thanks for that I need it...

I've personalised it....

it's not the mistakes we make in life, that define us, it's how we respond to them.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Don't worry about the things you can't control.

It's best to accept that your wife is always right.

My wife often tells me when I'm pondering some quandary or other "Remember, I'm always right". She is usually too, but it can still take me a while to get to the same coonclusion

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...

Similar to the motto of my college course: "Sie machen keinen Fehler, sie haben Lernerfahrungen."; "You don't make mistakes, you have learning experiences..."

Or in management buzz-speak, "We don't have problems, we have opportunities".

Unfortunately a lot of people learned in school and at work that making mistakes is bad and/or makes them less intelligent, but it's a part of learning, in fact according to some theories we were taught, it's essential to the learning process. Getting people to take this on board can make a big difference to how they see themselves and how they approach learning.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Unfortunately a lot of people learned in school and at work that making mistakes is bad and/or makes them less intelligent, but it's a part of learning, in fact according to some theories we were taught, it's essential to the learning process. Getting people to take this on board can make a big difference to how they see themselves and how they approach learning.

First time you mayke a mistake - that was unfortunate
Second time you make same mistake - that was careless
Third time you make same mistake - close the door as you leave.

Top Bottom