Maxims to live your life by

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Unfortunately a lot of people learned in school and at work that making mistakes is bad and/or makes them less intelligent, but it's a part of learning, in fact according to some theories we were taught, it's essential to the learning process. Getting people to take this on board can make a big difference to how they see themselves and how they approach learning.

Show me a man who has never made a mistake, and I'll show you a man who has never made anything. :okay:

gbb

Legendary Member
The tale is too long to go into here, but basically my beef is threefold:

The general unreliability of the thing (check engine light on four times in three years of ownership; I had a Renault Grand Scenic previously, which was faultless)

The incompetence of the service staff at MB, who it seems couldn't find their arse with both hands

The ridiculous prices you have to pay for such inept service (e.g £220 "investigation fee" every time that light comes on, £220 for an air intake hose, not including fitting... My mate had an old Saab and to change the air intake hose on that is £15 for the part, and you can do it yourself in half an hour).

I'm sure Mercs were great... Once.

Reminds me, early 2000s, managing director of a company that supplied us had a brand new ML, can't remember the exact model. Several months of non stop problems and dealership visits, frustration after frustration, he demanded they take it back and got a high spec people carrier, Peugeot i think. He said it was twice the car the Merc was and took great delight in telling them that at the Mercedes dealership.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Reminds me, early 2000s, managing director of a company that supplied us had a brand new ML, can't remember the exact model. Several months of non stop problems and dealership visits, frustration after frustration, he demanded they take it back and got a high spec people carrier, Peugeot i think. He said it was twice the car the Merc was and took great delight in telling them that at the Mercedes dealership.

Was he the managing director of a taxi? A people carrier certainly would be twice the taxi.

Punkawallah

Über Member
Wot ‘e said.

Jameshow

Veteran
Better the boss you know than the boss you don't.

You don't miss something until you cain't do it.

The grass is greener on the other side until you find it's astro turf!

Top Bottom