Mayweather V Pacquiao

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doyleyburger

Veteran
A fight that realistically should have happened about 5 years ago when these guys were in their prime. Nevertheless I still can't wait for these two to step into the ring and will be paying the £19.99 to watch it in the early hours of May 2nd. I can't seem to make a prediction as I keep changing my mind. On one hand Mayweather is just too good defensively and always seems to find a way to win, but on the other hand, Pac has speed on his side and could possibly out-work him for 12 rounds, and as Floyd hasnt really got that knockout power anymore I feel that Pacquiao could probably take his best shots and still move forward.
One thing that I feel needs to change is how the judges always score the fight for Mayweather. They seem to give him the points to win his fights by letting him fight defensively and throwing one or two counter punches during each round. How can a boxer win a fight by being defensive ???? Boxing is a competitive, aggressive sport and surely the fighter who throws and lands more punches and puts in the higher work rate should take the decision. Saying this however, i have been reading that Mayweather has been putting down his sparring partners recently during training so perhaps he knows he actually needs to put on a show stopping performance to win this one. Id like to see Manny take him out but I have a sneaky feeling that a split decision will go the other way

Jason.T

Pacquiao needs to put him under pressure, but not to early, if he pressurises him early then Mayweather will work him out, Pacquiao need to give Mayweather a false sense of security

OP
OP
Doyleyburger

Doyleyburger

Veteran
As much as I would like Pac to win I cannot see him beating Mayweather, 5 years ago maybe but not now
If there ever was a time to beat Mayweather it's now. Not seen anything special from him in his last few fights. Needs to be stopped though because if it goes the distance then he'll get the decision.

Just read that the Annual contract for the fight to be staged at the MGM Grand hasn't even been signed yet, which means no tickets have been printed :ohmy:

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm probably the only person on this thread who's ever boxed, and I'm not about to deign to suggest what one must do to beat the other.

Best guess is Mayweather takes it, but when the day comes and the bell rings it's anyone's guess.

Rustybucket

Veteran
I hope that Pacman gives it a really good go & tries to set an aggressive pace all through the fight.
However I believe Mayweather has aged better & will ultimately win by a wide points decision.

AndyRM

XOXO
You are probably not :boxing:

He's definitely not...

I've not really got much interest in watching this fight to be honest, but then I'm never fussed about the 'big' fights. A mate of mine is a mad keen Pacman fan so I'll probably end up seeing it round his on PPV.

Rustybucket

Veteran
You are probably not :boxing:

I used too, but that was a long long time ago....

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Here's a picture of 4F in the ring before he let himself go...

butterbean.jpg

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
He's definitely not...

I've not really got much interest in watching this fight to be honest, but then I'm never fussed about the 'big' fights. A mate of mine is a mad keen Pacman fan so I'll probably end up seeing it round his on PPV.

I certainly won't pay to watch it, the last real enthusiasm for watching fights was for Eubank - Benn

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
I certainly won't pay to watch it, the last real enthusiasm for watching fights was for the Eubank - Benn fights

I've never been particularly fussed about watching anyone to be honest, not on telly at least. One of those things that you really have to be there to properly appreciate I reckon.

Top Bottom