Mayweather V Pacquiao

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I got staff to do That sort of thing for me.

Drago

Legendary Member
I kind of crossed into it when I did TKD. My daughter also did TKD and when she started boxing I had to drive her there anyway, so thought I'd join in.

Had a couple of fights, but by then was already in my thirties so age was against me. What hurts even more is being a heavyweight, which leaves no restriction on the size of one's opponents g. Remember, the bigger they are, the harder they hit you. Had a fight in Derby with the is 20 year old lad and I'm big, but he was from a different planet. Remember Rocky stepping in the ring with Ivan Drago? This was like Ivan Drago stepping in the ring with Michael Clarke Duncan when he was at his biggest.

I lost heavily and did well not to die, never mind stay conscious, and that was the end of my brief competitive career. Until my heart went wibble a few months back I still used to train and spar a little, mainly with lads from work who were bright enough to know it wouldn't be career enhancing to hurt me.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
God i hope Mayweather takes a pounding, but i just cant see it.
Any one know what time this will start. I remember staying up until 4am to watch Bruno back in the 90's, no way i will stay up that late now so may not be worth the PPV costs.

Drago

Legendary Member
I remember staying up to watch the first Tyson v Bruno fight. Ok, Bruno lost, but he was the first man to shake Tyson, who afterwards reckoned Brunos punch was like being hit by a freight train . Good fight. The heavy sluggers are so much more entertaining that these pamby-weight lads.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
God i hope Mayweather takes a pounding, but i just cant see it.
Any one know what time this will start. I remember staying up until 4am to watch Bruno back in the 90's, no way i will stay up that late now so may not be worth the PPV costs.

4am predicted start time....

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
4am predicted start time....
Well i'm out!

I remember coming home drunk, paying to watch the Bruno fight, then waking up at 1000hrs face down on the sofa having missed the whole fight. Bugger. Hope Mayweather gets a pasting.

Reactions: 4F

TheBobidentity

My speed is deceptive I'm slower than I look
boxed and still use the bag as part of my fittness regime....and meeting an old friend in the next couple of weeks about the possibility of a white collar fight...anyway for me Mayweather has always been the better fighter, has had less damage done over the years......so Mayweather wins in 7, ......and the next big fight MMA, Mcgregor V Aldo....Connor in round 2...
Harsh but a good chance it maybe true re Mayweather and Pacman. Anything could happen with these two
As for McGregor vs Aldo I think McGregor is in for a shock Aldo is on a whole different level to anyone Connor has faced. I think It will go the same way Prince Nazeem went when he fought Morales hope Conor can do well and be dignified however it goes.. Don't like him but good luck to him he's good. Value to watch... And it's him putting it on the line in the cage
However it goes it will be a great battle

TheBobidentity

My speed is deceptive I'm slower than I look
Did Naseem fight Morales ?

Watched the weigh in last night and Floyd looks in the best shape of his career but Manny was so calm. I can see a draw on the cards here setting up another showdown for the September rematch
I stand corrected it was Barrera
(I used to be so into it I knew individual records etc now it's a blur)
Good shout re the draw.
Also just one judge scoring a draw could wreck a lot of bets
Happened before about 2 Mayweather fights ago. The judge that did it has been suspended, but you never know

Top Bottom