Me and others complained about pot holed dangerous road,but it's worse now that they've repaired it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've just typed the address in but it didn't recognise it.

Search for a location

Enter the postcode or street name near to the location of the fault.

No addresses found. Try again or find using map
Recently actioned
19/07/2018
Roads - Pothole Foulridge

19/07/2018
Streetlighting - Door off Barrowford

19/07/2018
Streetlighting - On all day Ashton-on-Ribble

19/07/2018
Roads - Sign Damaged Accrington

I'm off out for a long walk soon. I'll pass it and get the correct address then contact them.

Alan O

Über Member
I'm no expert in tarmac, certainly, but a number of roads near me have been resurfaced over the past few years and now seem excellent, so it really can be done quite simply. The new surface is tarmac with a layer of large-ish gravel pressed into it, whatever you might call that. It feels smooth and grippy under my bike tyres, there was no loose gravel at all, and drivers seem to like it too.

I guess it might have had teething problems if it had been laid when trees were dropping sap and then leaves, but they avoided that problem by simply not laying it then. A couple of years on and the surface seems to have weathered a little (the shininess is not so shiny now) and it's fine in the wet and under autumn leaves - at least, it's as good under slippy leaves as any other surface I've ridden.

But... you know... I never thought I'd approach 60 and be disproportionately happy about something as simple as a nice bit of road surface :rolleyes:

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Moan, moan, moan.
Tell you what, get ‘em to fell all the trees while they’re at it. Clean the place up a bit.
I didn’t ought to bite, but I’m so bored with these threads.
Heaps of good advice, sound science, highway engineering know-how and cogent thought will follow, only to be ignored, scorned or twisted into a personal attack. Dreary, drearier, dreariest.
Yes, I know, I should “ignore”, but this time I would rather vent.

classic33

Leg End Member
We have had some potholes filled round us.Seem incapable of leaving a level surface most of them are more like mini road humps.
Traffic will force the material(used in the repair) into the surrounding surface material, thereby creating a stronger repair as they flatten the material.

Answer given by the council on the question when asked why they leave it proud of the surface.

[QUOTE 5319212, member: 45"]Why don't you do something for your community by getting something done about it? It will make you feel better. Whinging just makes you feel miserable.[/QUOTE]

I'm off out for a long walk soon. I'll pass it and get the correct address then contact them.

He said he would. The question is: did he?

(Accy, if you haven't done it yet, then fill in the form, and then reply)

Drago

Legendary Member
Traffic will force the material(used in the repair) into the surrounding surface material, thereby creating a stronger repair as they flatten the material.

No road rollers in your area then?

Drago

Legendary Member
Indeed, Mr Lance O'Classic, that's the problem with going to the lowest bidder for your road repairs. I can't help thinking that fixing them once, but fixing them properly, would be so much cheaper than bodging them over and over again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom