Me head is wrecked

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
I bought my wife a new shopper bike, £400 and spent £700 on an motor kit.
£200 on lights/dynamo kit, £100 on pannier upgrade by Topeak

She loves it.

Buy a kit and convert your bike:okay:

20190829_123737.jpg

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
Thanks gbb yeah I'll never do the miles I used to that's for certain.
The idea of the motor cutting out when it hits 15 mph crazy.
I'm seeing all these pop up shops bikes I never heard off and the prices are unreal.
God forbid the bike ever broke.

The Raleigh motus looks good but I wouldn't pay that money to expensive for me.
I had a thorn sherpa it would make a great ebike built like a tank ,but I'm not into conversation sooner buy a dedicated ebike.

I'm very hard to please ,I kinda know in my head what I want but won't get it until the lotto numbers come up.
Thanks for replys guys much appreciated.

Reactions: gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Thanks gbb yeah I'll never do the miles I used to that's for certain.
The idea of the motor cutting out when it hits 15 mph crazy.
I'm seeing all these pop up shops bikes I never heard off and the prices are unreal.
God forbid the bike ever broke.

The Raleigh motus looks good but I wouldn't pay that money to expensive for me.
I had a thorn sherpa it would make a great ebike built like a tank ,but I'm not into conversation sooner buy a dedicated ebike.

I'm very hard to please ,I kinda know in my head what I want but won't get it until the lotto numbers come up.
Thanks for replys guys much appreciated.
Funny you mention the Motus. My wife has one, cost £1600 2 years ago roughly. She had been looking at various bikes but fell in love with it, I didn't mind the cost, she has to like it. She had been looking at a -substantially cheaper Pendleton but the Motus is a different kettle of fish. Her friend has literally just took delivery of a Pendleton, my wife rode it....and found it felt rattly and not such good quality. So someti es, you really do get what you pay for, sometimes it's worth going the extra mile.

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
i hate to think i bought rubbish i always rode top end bikes .im just looking at a utube review of argos bike.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sSDW4WLv_A
ah not for me but i do like the CUBE hybred touring it's got everything i like chainreaction sells them.
i'll wait now until new year .ireland is still in lockdown so cant get to a bikeshop to try one out i want a bike that fits me my bad back would never forgive me if i got wrong size. thanks gbb hope your wife has great fun on her new dream machine stay safe.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member

A Speed pedelec which is not available in the UK, and not legal to ride even if you imported one.

Leaving those two minor matters aside, a hub motor 28mph/45kph factory ebike is unusual, although there are lots of motor kits.

The cadence sensor control is basic - the reviewer mentions needing a 'pedal revolution and a half' to get the motor started.

That would almost certainly drive you nuts.

Some cadence sensor only bikes cut in a bit sooner than that, but the better system is one with a cadence and torque sensor, which in turn usually means a crank drive.

The Yamaha system/bike you linked to earlier is decent, but there is nothing smoother and more natural feeling than the power delivery of the Bosch motor.

It's available on bikes made by dozens of manufacturers, so there's plenty of choice.

@jags have a look at Juicy bikes website. Quite a range of ebike of all shapes and sizes....

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
what puts me off the aluminium frames is those ugly welds sorry lads but i do like a smooth polished look.
i'm very hard to please .
gonna have another look at the raleigh.
cheers
jags.

Jonquilles

thanks lads much appreciated.
Hi Jags,
Just joined Cyclechat.
I am 69 and have cycled on and off over the years but in the last few years have cycled a lot around our area of the Dordogne in France but found the hills very demanding. Like you, I searched for ebikes on line for ages until I settled on one that fulfilled my wishes. I wanted one with a built-in battery, Bosh central motor, minimum 600 wh and made in Europe not the far east. I ended up spending far more than originally intended on a CUBE REACTION PRO 625 at £2500. I think it's brilliant, I've got 60 miles plus on a charge and it's so pleasurable to ride. It is a heavy bike but that's only a problem if you have to push it ! Don't run out of juice !

Top Bottom