Me head is wrecked

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
If you've got a 753 framed Raleigh, why are you even thinking of getting some modern plastic effort instead?? Those SBDU builds were seriously expensive bikes in their day, and 753 frames were the very top echelon. Put the 753 on the road and if need be, stick an aftermarket e-bike kit on it. It won't be the usual boring identikit carbon job that everyone else seems to ride these days.
still have my raleigh 753 im using it on the turbo just to get my legs turning (torture) still has to be done.its a fantastic good as the day i bought it 1980 ,but to be honest ill never convert it i did look at switch conversion but not for me.im almost certain i going for raleigh motus grand tour 500watt it ticks all the boxes only issue is i havent road tested it yet,im going for a 48cm size so hoping that size will fit.

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
IMG_20210113_141132.jpg

keithmac

Guru
Price up a replacement battery when you narrow it down a bit.

5 years is probably about right for longevity. The Bosch ones aren't cheap but they are all Mid drive.

I like the hub drive for it's simplicity and quietness but the mid drive bikes with pedal torque sensing are great to ride (I did a TSDZ2 conversion to an MTB with Nuvinci rear hub and that is a great bike).

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
the motus im looking to buy has the bosch active motor but im now thinking should it have active plus ...
maybe the model they have on there site is a few years old never thought to check that.

eurocycles dublin
2340 euro.

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
ok guys this might sound like a stupid question but i got to ask ,almost certain im buying a raleigh motus grand tour ebike bosch active line plus motoe 500watt battery price . 2350 euro ok im repeating myself buy anyway my friends i used to cycle with are buying the koga signature cost 5000euro 400 watt bosch motor.
yeah so whats that koga going to better than the raleigh am i missing out on something here.koga make great bikes for sure but raleigh been at this game a long time have making bikes down to a fine art.

Stul

Veteran
Hi, I can't answer your question re the Koga, but last year, and after much research I was going to get the Motus. (I wanted 500w Bosch mid drive, hub gears and belt drive). Problem was I ended up doing too much research and by the time I had procrastinated for so long they had sold out of the spec I wanted!

I ended up seeing a good deal on the Raleigh Centros for the same money so got that just before the Pandemic seemed to wipe out all the the stock availability. To date I have not been disappointed, a great ride with a good range (90 miles when ridden mainly in "ECO" mode which I find enough with the odd "power up" for hilly bits). Electric bikes are expensive for what they are and I don't really see what "extra" you are going to get by paying more than double your current budget? ......certainly not double the quality if they are using the same motor system?

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
I was thinking the the same it's like going from 105 to dura ace no big difference except for price.my main thing will the bike run out of juice after ,30 miles and is it going to get me up hill onle reason im buying an ebike to be honest.

the motus grand tour looks like a well put together bike .
i cant get near a store to try it out we are in full lockdown cant go outside 5km from our house.

thanks for reply Stul much appreciated .

Last edited:

Stul

Veteran
...I would not normally spend north of £2k without at least seeing it, but in the end I got fed up with waiting for lockdown to end (and the earlt spring weather was too good to miss), so I just took the plunge and ordered it online and got it delivered. I actually wanted the "mid" size, but again they had sold out so I took a punt and got the smaller version.....glad I did as it is just the right size for me (5ft 10")...

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
...I would not normally spend north of £2k without at least seeing it, but in the end I got fed up with waiting for lockdown to end (and the earlt spring weather was too good to miss), so I just took the plunge and ordered it online and got it delivered. I actually wanted the "mid" size, but again they had sold out so I took a punt and got the smaller version.....glad I did as it is just the right size for me (5ft 10")...
I'm just 5ft5ins they do a size 48cm should be ok for me.they have a 46cm but that 600 wheels I want 700. I'll have to
book a test ride when things get back to some kind of normality.

Top Bottom