Me!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
Home at last!!!

Got knocked off the bike on Thursday morning, don't remember a lot but I'm so grateful to be home safe!! Let it be a lesson to anyone... Always wear the BEST cycling helmet you can buy and no matter what get checked out after an accident! My goofy looking skate helmet is much stronger than a normal cycling helmet and thankfully took the full force of the blow. The shape also protected the base of my skull from direct impact. I was going to go home after it happened just feeling quite lucid just a bit bruised and battered, but I'm so thankful I didn't. I'm not saying this to scare just to raise awareness. The swelling in my head didn't come on till later and without help at hospital I wouldn't be writing this now. Doesn't bare thinking about but one heck of a lesson to learn!

I'm resting up with meds and on crutches but I'll be back on the wheels again soon!!

All support and love has been immense, feeling very blessed indeed xx

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/…/izn20130904-Choosing-a-h…

Glad you're relatively ok! GWS
p.s. How is the bike?

Saluki

World class procrastinator
No, it was a transporter, I've been very lucky!
Blimey!! Luckyfox indeed!

Did anyone get the reg or anything? I hope that there were some witnesses. Obviously, you being alive and kicking is the main thing but people shouldn't just go around knocking cyclists off, they should be more aware of other road users.

OP
OP
luckyfox

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
Blimey!! Luckyfox indeed!

Did anyone get the reg or anything?.

No, I dont remember much but I'm just glad to be ok. I was quite lucid and just felt bruised after it happened, I called one of the guys from work and had a cuppa in the office. Then I just remember suddenly feeling sick, tired and my head hurt badly. I wanted to go home and sleep it off. I can't remember much of what happened but I was taken to A and E and had a seizure. The right side of my head was swollen, it was throbbing and my neck hurt and I was fully immobilised until the swelling reduced and they could check for a bleed. Im incredibly lucky and so grateful for everything everyone did for me. Had I worn a regular helmet or gone home I wouldn't be here. Can't quite get my head around it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
luckyfox

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
Get well soon. Crutches? What else have you hurt?

I fell on my right side, it's a pretty shade of green and purple atm! I've torn and bruised muscles around my pelvis, right knee and right ankle. The fitness I've been doing has built up a good muscle cushion so no broken bones! Seriously one lucky buggar!

Top Bottom