Me!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not good but I'm glad you are still here. Heal fast and well!

Ganymede

Veteran
Geez that sounds bad! So very glad you got to hospital and got checked up. I've been laughed at before now for insisting people go to hospital with a banged head but it's not worth taking the chance!

I really hope you get some info on the driver - those transporters are scary! I agree you should see if there is any CCTV. Also, there can't be a huge number of them on the roads at any one time - it must be traceable, surely? If the driver knew you were hit he (or she) should go to prison for leaving the scene.

The next rider might not be so lucky.

classic33

Leg End Member
Glad you're relatively ok! GWS
p.s. How is the bike?
Give it to me.jpg

Ganymede

Veteran
Without getting all fuzzy about it honestly all I care about is being well and at home.

I will never ever doubt or take for granted a head injury again. If I'd have gone home or just worn a flimsy helmet it's not worth thinking about.

Once I'm well again this experience will be put to good useage. Not sure how but I will.
I'm not clear if you reported it to the police but (acknowledging the fuzziness and what must be your overwhelming feeling of relief) I do think the police need to know at the very least. The "good usage" that you could put this to is that you could prevent this happening to someone else.

I only suggest this gently as I do realise you've had a really traumatic time.

JMAG

Über Member
Glad you're here to tell the tale luckyfox. Here's some good to come from it: I just started commuting and wasn't I'm a rush to get a helmet as most of my commute bar a couple of residential roads near home is on towpaths. However, on Monday I start working at a different location with a few more roads at the other end and busy ones at that.

So now I'm looking for a helmet thanks to you. I hope never to be in a situation where I have cause to thank you again, but maybe you spreading awareness in the future will be the best thing to come out of this unfortunate incident. Based on your comment about a box style helmet, I am looking at the Bern range. Which helmet in particular were you wearing?

Top Bottom