Me!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
luckyfox

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
Glad you're here to tell the tale luckyfox. Here's some good to come from it: I just started commuting and wasn't I'm a rush to get a helmet as most of my commute bar a couple of residential roads near home is on towpaths. However, on Monday I start working at a different location with a few more roads at the other end and busy ones at that.

So now I'm looking for a helmet thanks to you. I hope never to be in a situation where I have cause to thank you again, but maybe you spreading awareness in the future will be the best thing to come out of this unfortunate incident. Based on your comment about a box style helmet, I am looking at the Bern range. Which helmet in particular were you wearing?

That's great to hear! On the link on the first post there's some info on different types. I wear a BMX style because they're more sturdy and cover more of my head. Look a bit retro so not to everyone's taste but hey, can't argue with it. I would recommend more than single impact. I hope you find the best type for you and I'm so please to hear you've decided to get one.

I agree I need to speak to the police, I think shock took over but you are right!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Really sorry to read this @luckyfox, glad you're relatively ok.
This collision must be reported to the police.
Is there a big lorry's driver about that did not even notice he run you over?
The police and indeed an ambulance should have been called for you.
GWS!

classic33

Leg End Member
No, I dont remember much but I'm just glad to be ok. I was quite lucid and just felt bruised after it happened, I called one of the guys from work and had a cuppa in the office. Then I just remember suddenly feeling sick, tired and my head hurt badly. I wanted to go home and sleep it off. I can't remember much of what happened but I was taken to A and E and had a seizure. The right side of my head was swollen, it was throbbing and my neck hurt and I was fully immobilised until the swelling reduced and they could check for a bleed. Im incredibly lucky and so grateful for everything everyone did for me. Had I worn a regular helmet or gone home I wouldn't be here. Can't quite get my head around it.
How much can you remember, and what are the first and last things you can remember?
I'm only asking because I ask myself those same questions. Different cause, often the same result. Don't let anyone knock you, put you down because you had a seizure after a head injury, its quite common.
They suggest or infer anything because of it. Politly, if you feel like it, tell them where to go.

Keith Oates

Janner
Glad that you are seeming not so bad but it also shows that you can never be too careful after and accident, so as others have said going to the A&E for a check up is a good move to make.!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom