Meal ideas for a veggie that is also on a low/no carb' diet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Vegetable curry with cauliflower rice.
Cauliflower cheese.
Tofu with vegetable stir fry.
Salad with a Veggie burger
Veggie sausages with Roasted vegetables.
TBH I'd ask them what meals they would like or if your not confident enough with the cooking ask them to bring their own like someone already said.

Last edited:

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
As per title.
I have a visitor this week with these restrictions.
My 1st thought was a garlic pasta with veg but then realised pasta is out.
Thoughts wanted.

Garlic it is then!

Tough one tbh; usually when I'm managing to stick to low carb it's very meat heavy.

If eggs are in, omlettes with slow-cooked onions and a nice brie is one option; although not really "entertaining" food.

If they do fish, maybe fried or poached smoked haddock with a poached / soft boiled eggs and some boiled / pan fried broccoli; maybe with some garlic? Could do a cheese sauce if you're feeling capable..

Halloumi and eggs go well together; maybe as the basis of some sort of pseudo-greek salad?

sleuthey

Legendary Member
No no to beans or couscous..

I'd go with mushroom and tomato omelet.

wafter

I'd get in a 32 pack of toilet rolls for them as well if they are going to be eating all this lot, with never ending veg and beans.
I think there's quite a lot of carbs in one roll...

Hmmm... A summer menu...

Starter: tomato, avocado & mozzarella salad with fresh basil, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Main: eggs Florentine

Dessert: chocolate mousse with summer fruits
Sounds good; except I don't think the mousse would wash!

Are you sure it's not them trying not to come for dinner?

A bit like being asked out for dinner, then saying "yes, absolutely! Where's the best vegan/macrobiotic restaurant near you?".

I did Georgian bean stew ( called Lobio) that turned out OK even with tinned butter beans and takes about 20 mins.
Tofu stir fry .

wafter

Why ever not? You can make a chocolate mouse with cream, you can make a chocolate mousse with eggs and you can make a chocolate mousse with avocado.

Because chocolate is full of sugar; or are you using some dark art with cocoa powder that doesn't involve said kiddy crack?

Top Bottom