Meaningless Pub (food) signs......or is it me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
"All the trimmings".....

Dear God, spare me.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Family Run Pub..

How the feck does that make it attractive? :scratch:

In my experience with a family-run pub, {as stakeholders} staff are {or should be} highly motivated to ensure that the customers enjoy their time at the pub and feel that they are getting good value for money . . . . . . . & hopefully, become repeat customers.

Octet

Veteran
One of the weirdest experiences was "Friedhamar" in Iceland and with outside temperatures of -15, a greenhouse growing tomatoes.....

tumblr_ng640fOdI31qh0rbao1_500.jpg

You better like the smell of tomato vines! They aren't exactly the most subtle of smelling plants...

tyred

Legendary Member
The local bakery has a sign up inside advertising "German Paris buns."

Last time I looked at a map of Europe, Paris was very definitely in France and if it has moved country, why have I not been informed of this huge event:wacko:

Mandragora

"Sea Bass"? Actually it's a Patagonian Toothfish that has been cunningly re-branded. Enjoy!

'Chilean' sea bass is the 'rebranded' name. http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/4-foods-renamed-so-that-you-might-actually-eat-them/

Sea bass is still bass (the 'sea' bit of it always niggles my OH slightly, I just presume it's there to distinguish it from farmed bass).

Cheddar George

oober member
I once ordered the "homemade fish pie" in my local pub (Marstons ) and returned to my table.
The manager came over a minute later and told me that it was a trial dish they had only just put on their menu and he had to inform me that
the fish pie was not in fact "home made" and was i okay with that. I replied that even though they had written it on the specials board i never for
one moment believed it was home made, he even managed to look a little disappointed as he walked away.

Slightly OT.

"Free Estimate" Who is out there charging for estimates? I've not seen anyone.

I tried getting a quote for an electrical repair at work, I did my electrical apprenticeship before going mechanical, it was a 30 minute job. But my wiring regs are out of date, so I'm not touching anything that's commercial.

First guy I called wanted £80 to come do a quote, the job ended up costing less than that!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Just passed one on my way back from the Heath: 'Come and discover our secret garden.' Not that secret, is it? I muttered...

Top Bottom