Mechanical doping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Now people know what to look for concealing buttons and switches would be harder, but not impossible. You only need a pressure switch under the bar tape with the wiring running internally to be almost impossible to spot.

The easiest way to do it would be to have remote switching by wireless from a team car or from someone in the crowd...

classic33

Leg End Member
The easiest way to do it would be to have remote switching by wireless from a team car or from someone in the crowd...
Remote switching requires two signals be sent.
The first to activate it, the second to deactivate. If the finish is a restricted area, detection of any signal would be easy.

jarlrmai

Veteran
Race radio's and codewords then you don't need any buttons on the outside.

I cant see the commissars running mobile RF signal detection though all the RF noise from police, spectators and general from the surrounding towns etc would make it impossible.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I wonder what the people who scoffed at the idea earlier are now thinking... I suspect that, while not widespread, there will certainly be more than one female U23 CX rider up to this...

Blimey this must be serious, it just got cyclo cross a report in the Radio 2 news summary. Has cross ever been even mentioned on R2 before ?
(Obviously somewhat overshadowed by the sad news of Sir Terry's death. RIP.)

400bhp

Guru
I wonder what the people who scoffed at the idea earlier are now thinking... I suspect that, while not widespread, there will certainly be more than one female U23 CX rider up to this...

If it's true then, given the category (U23 women) there's a very good chance there's a culture of it which needs stamping out quickly.

winjim

Smash the cistern
It's not my bike excuse is coming out. :blush:
Somebody else from her team just popped it into the pits did they? Fine, ban the entire team.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Somebody else from her team just popped it into the pits did they? Fine, ban the entire team.
The Belgian team sent her away pretty sharpish and have wasted no time in accepting that it was an illegal bike. Either it's 100% her (and the mate what gave it to her in the pub the night before ) or she'll have dirt to dish out later on.

The Belgian team sent her away pretty sharpish and have wasted no time in accepting that it was an illegal bike. Either it's 100% her (and the mate what gave it to her in the pub the night before ) or she'll have dirt to dish out later on.

I imagine if it was set up by the team, she will be well paid to keep hush.

Surprised but still scoffing at the earlier speculation. If people speculate, I guess we shouldn't be surprised when someone tries to execute the idea. The fact that they chose cyclocross is puzzling as you think there'd be more scope for things to go quite badly wrong. But then her brother is already suspended for doping.

Top Bottom