Medium-duty long-reach hedge trimmer recommendation please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I don't want to shell out on something semi-pro like a Stihl as the length of hedge doesn't justify.

The battery powered Eckman thing I bought three years ago will now only run in three seconds bursts. Even on a brand-new battery.

Ideally I'd like one with multiple attachments, i.e. that can double as a strimmer and/or a pruner, but that isn't a deal breaker. Needs to be long-reach as it is a tall hedge. Would prefer battery but can live with mains power.

What brands/models does the gardener part of the hive mind recommend please? I've have half an eye on a Bosch AMW10 but the online reviews are mixed to say the least.

Should I just hire a gardener and make it their problem, as frankly, I'd rather be building bikes and riding them.

I think your last sentence wins the day :okay:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
fence.jpg

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Dig up the hedge and put up a fence. Liberate yourself from this pointless topiary.
It is for the birds.

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
The boundary is a rather nice Victorian brick wall, though next-doors ugly outbuildings rise above it. The hedge is made of hedgerow plants and is there mainly for the benefit of the local wildlife.'Lots of birds feeding off it at this time of year.

It used to adjoin a mini-wild flower meadow but then the late Aged P, whol ived with us at the time, could not countenance such an affront to his Parks & Gardens style planting that he strimmed and mowed the wild flowers to death despite being told the final third of the garden was out-of-bounds to him. I suspect he'd would have loved that wall.

petek

Über Member
GTech cordless trimmer here with a spare battery.
It extends.
Does the job pretty well albeit I need a stepladder to do the tallest hedge.
Not heavy either.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
The boundary is a rather nice Victorian brick wall, though next-doors ugly outbuildings rise above it. The hedge is made of hedgerow plants and is there mainly for the benefit of the local wildlife.'Lots of birds feeding off it at this time of year.

It used to adjoin a mini-wild flower meadow but then the late Aged P, whol ived with us at the time, could not countenance such an affront to his Parks & Gardens style planting that he strimmed and mowed the wild flowers to death despite being told the final third of the garden was out-of-bounds to him. I suspect he'd would have loved that wall.
It's very "Ministry of Works, isn't it? Quite hideous.

Top Bottom