Meet the Sub Humans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gixxerman

Guru
Sadly we get them near me as well, riding round the forrests and bridleways here and making very deep ruts that make it all but impossible to ride down them as your peddles keep catching the ground. We also get the out-road 4x4 jerks as well.

The soundtrack to your video is strange - is something catching on your tyres ;-)

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I posted it because about an hour later I had an off due to a Motorcycle wheel rut which caused me superficial damage (scraped on knees, chest and arm) but tore my BioRacer Gillette :sad:

On re-listening to the sound track you do have a point :laugh:
Sadly we get them near me as well, riding round the forrests and bridleways here and making very deep ruts that make it all but impossible to ride down them as your peddles keep catching the ground. We also get the out-road 4x4 jerks as well.

The soundtrack to your video is strange - is something catching on your tyres ;-)

lukesdad

Got an axe to grind have you ? Motor cyclists have access to many RUPPs and ROWs in the countryside,and use them responsibly Trail Riders Fellowship etc.

I dont think you would like to be tarred with the same brush as some of the cyclists you meet week in week out would you?

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Maybe in your area, not in mine. See the following post from Community Safety Partnership. The sections in red are most pertinent.

Christmas Poster Campaign
2008 The campaign to protect the countryside and curb the illegal use of off-road vehicles continues, with new signage to make it crystal clear that offenders are not welcome. Rhondda Cynon Taff’s Community Safety Partnership is putting up signage along paths, tracks and bridleways in a bid to keep offenders out. The signs were introduced after some off-roaders who were stopped by enforcement agencies claimed they thought they could use the tracks, paths and bridleways as they were marked on Ordnance Survey maps. However, there is now no cause for concerns as the bright signs make it clear where vehicles are banned – even if they are taxed, insured and roadworthy. Areas where such tracks are being used – even by those who feel they have a legal right to be there – continue to be patrolled as part of the regular enforcement exercises being held by South Wales Police, Rhondda Cynon Taff Council’s Off-Road Vehicle Team and partners such as the Forestry Commission and South Wales Fire and Rescue Service. John Lusardi, Off Road Vehicle Coordinator, said: “The signs were introduced as it was clear some riders were confused as to the legal status of the Tracks / Bridleways. In certain locations the sign are monitored, and illegal removal of the signs will be treated as criminal damage and prosecutions will occur as a result. “It should now be crystal clear to them that, even if their vehicles are legal and roadworthy, they still cannot use the open spaces of this county as an outdoor sports track. “The simple fact remains that there are very few areas where such vehicles can be used legally in Rhondda Cynon Taff. “There were some areas marked on maps that riders mistakenly assumed they could use, but our new signs now make it clear they cannot. “Continued public information and warning forms part of our ongoing campaign to remove the blight of illegal off road vehicles from our countryside and communities. “Partnership patrols and enforcements continue and we urge the public to continue to work with us to deal with this issue. The message to riders is there is very little point in coming here to use our spaces, as it is not allowed. Instead, use should be made of legal facilities, such as the track in Cardiff.” Inspector Richard Erskine, who heads Community Safety in Rhondda Cynon Taff for South Wales Police, added: “Off road vehicles continue to be a top concern for our communities and, therefore, a priority for the Community Safety Partnership. “We want to make sure all are crystal clear on our zero tolerance policy in Rhondda Cynon Taff and the new signs assist that. “Riders need to get the message that our county is not one large track for them to offend in with their vehicles. It is illegal and anti social and operations will continue to identify and apprehend those who offend.”​
Frequently asked Questions
Your off road motorcycle questions answered
Over the last few months there have been a number of Police operations on illegal off road scrambling, resulting in a number of bikes being seized. “Rhondda Cynon Taf Council would like to advise anyone who is thinking of investing in an off road motorbike to have a read through some of the questions and answers below,” commented Councillor Paul Cannon, Joint Chair of the Community Safety Partnership. Whether it’s a Quad Bike, Moto Cross Machine or a Mini Motto, Rhondda Cynon Taf Council’s Off Road Motorcycle Coordinator has the answer to all your questions; for example, availability of places to ride legally, registration and transport. If you have any further questions or queries, please contact the Off Road Motorcycle Coordinator on 07747 485 770 · Where can I ride legally? ~On a private facility with the owners permission (there may be environmental issues involved here. Also if bikes are causing a nuisance –which includes noise, riders can still be warned under the police reform act and possibly still have their bike seized. ~A registered off road event ~Vehicle rights of way (Bike has to meet all legal requirements i.e. Tax / Insurance / M.O.T / Registered.) · Do I need road tax / insurance / driving licence to ride off road? Yes, you need to have tax, insurance and license on any land that the public have access to. This can be either a formal rights of way, or under the Countryside Rights of Way Act (CROW). It is illegal to ride on any footpath or bridle path even with tax, insurance etc.
  • Can I register a Moto cross bike with the D.V.L.A? - YES
  • Can I register a Quad bike with the D.V.L.A?
Yes.
  • Would it be better to register the bike / quad, before taking it from the shop?
This will depend on the circumstances regarding use.
  • If my bike / quad is registered and legal can I ride on forestry roads etc?
No, as even with Forestry roads, the Forestry Commission will not give access to off road motorbikes for pleasure purposes.
  • Are there any off road clubs in R.C.T district? And Can I join them?
Yes. Please contact the off road coordinator or any motorcycle shop for further details.
  • Are there any competitions I can enter with regards to MX etc?
Yes most weekends.
  • Is it legal to push my MX bike on the road or pavement?
NO unless it has Road tax / Insurance / M.O.T. / Driving licence.
  • Can I ride legally on the mountains, if I transport my bike there in a van or on a trailer?
NO unless it’s on vehicle rights of way, and the bike has to meet all legal requirements.
  • Is it ok to ride on old colliery tips / sites etc?
NO you are trespassing, unless you own the site.
  • Are there any other information sites I can use?
YES, look on the Internet for sites, i.e. A.C.U. / A.M.C.A
  • Can I ride my bike / quad on Common ground?
NO
  • Do I need to wear a crash helmet?
It is a legal requirement to wear a crash helmet unless on private land. However, we would advise you to always wear a helmet in the interest of safety.
  • If I cant get a bike or quad to a legal site, should I purchase the bike?
It would not be advisable, unless your going to ride in Moto Cross or Enduro / Trials competitions, or get the bike / Quad, road legal. For information contact – 07747485770.
Got an axe to grind have you ? Motor cyclists have access to many RUPPs and ROWs in the countryside,and use them responsibly Trail Riders Fellowship etc.

I dont think you would like to be tarred with the same brush as some of the cyclists you meet week in week out would you?

lukesdad

Your video is of a group of trail riders the bikes are plated and taxed they have as much right to be there as you do. If you are going to post with outrageous titles at least get your facts and content straight before you do.

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
They were on forestry land -
No, as even with Forestry roads, the Forestry Commission will not give access to off road motorbikes for pleasure purposes.

I did get my facts straight.
Your video is of a group of trail riders the bikes are plated and taxed they have as much right to be there as you do. If you are going to post with outrageous titles at least get your facts and content straight before you do.

lukesdad

Looked like they were on the road to me, and as to forestry land plenty of rights of way bisect them which they are perfectly entitled to use.

Before you start attacking off road motorcyclists, perhaps you should consider this, a lot of rights of way are open because of them. They were there a long time before mtbs and have done more campaigning to keep them open than any other group.

In another life I used to be a right of way officer for a group of motor cycle clubs. I spent hundreds of hours in council offices studying maps and talking with council officers, this involved proof of use blocked access restriction lifting etc. etc.

May come as a shock to you, but the ramblers association is a much bigger threat if they had their way all ROW would be footpaths then youd have nowhere to ride your bike.

IMO horse riders create much more damage to ROW. I ride horses too.

There is room for everybody but unfortunately you will always get the selfish ones,such as yourself who just make trouble for everyone.

lukesdad

They were on forestry land -

I did get my facts straight.

No you havn t a forestry road is not a right of way !

lukesdad

The clue is in your own highlighted area about vehicluar rights of way.

May I suggest that if you are going to shoot Vids with your shiny new toy a la commuting, you dont leave evidence to hang yourself.

Also when posting biased views about other countryside users Ill repeat get your facts straight.

By the way the Gap route you so love riding would not exsist without historical Vehicluar routes. As would lots of others.

Ponder on that for a moment.

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
The Gap is now not legally accessable to any unauthorised motorised vehicals. All facts validated by Police and Forestry Commission.
Ponder this. Drink driving used not to be an offence. Should it have remained that way?
The clue is in your own highlighted area about vehicluar rights of way.

May I suggest that if you are going to shoot Vids with your shiny new toy a la commuting, you dont leave evidence to hang yourself.

Also when posting biased views about other countryside users Ill repeat get your facts straight.

By the way the Gap route you so love riding would not exsist without historical Vehicluar routes. As would lots of others.

Ponder on that for a moment.

lukesdad

The Gap is now not legally accessable to any unauthorised motorised vehicals. All facts validated by Police and Forestry Commission.
Ponder this. Drink driving used not to be an offence. Should it have remained that way?

Read my comment on the Gap route again would you ? paying particular note to the word histrorical ta.

Top Bottom