Mega fast London commuter tyres, Vittoria Voyager Hyper's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tablatom

Hi first post here.
Just did Kings X station to N11 2RJ in 30 minutes. That has a climb of 300 ft.
Google time says 45 minutes on the route i took.

Did this on a Boardman Hybrid team with 4 kg of extra's (rack, bags tools etc).

WHEELS Shimano MT35's, 100 grams per wheel lighter than the stock Mavic's.
INNER TUBES, latex, around 100 grams per tube lighter that stock ones.
TYRES Vittoria Voyager Hyper's, 700c x 32c. 80psi. (370 grams)
They are actually about 34mm where aired up.
Really fast for such a big tyre. I like a tyre this big as it means when taken to around 40psi it can be used on gravel no worries.
I sometimes use the Vittoria Voyager Hyper 700c x 35c, which is actually about 37mm on the rear. When i am loaded up with my kid and shopping its good to have the extra volume. Really fast tyre for a 37mm.

potsy

Rambler
Cool.

Lonestar

Veteran
Well i know on my commute through East London there are plenty hah

So do I.What happened to the very early in the morning electric biker loon that jumped them all? Ain't seen him for a few weeks.

Last edited:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Welcome @tablatom :welcome:
I'm sure I have a set of those tyres in the cupboard, bought on sale a few years ago - what can I say, some women collect handbags, I collect bike tyres :smile:
Anyhow, I'm gonna fit them tomorrow on the commuter, as my forum name suggests, I could really do with being a bit speedier :rolleyes:

OP
OP
T

tablatom

Welcome @tablatom :welcome:
I'm sure I have a set of those tyres in the cupboard, bought on sale a few years ago - what can I say, some women collect handbags, I collect bike tyres :smile:
Anyhow, I'm gonna fit them tomorrow on the commuter, as my forum name suggests, I could really do with being a bit speedier :rolleyes:
Hi Pat,
what size are they?
i think i am going to go back to 32 (34mm really) on the front and 35 (37mm really) on the back.
I like the extra volume on the back, slightly more comfort and less twitchy over bad surfaces.

Top Bottom