Mekk Carbon?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adyc

Brava, I will have a deal with you but i cant PM you as a newbie !

User269

I like the ride of a carbon, what's all this about melting in the rain?
The boardman I have is a cracking bike.
I was thinking of the Mekk as a possible winter bike, different tyres etc.
It seems to have a good frame as a base, with tiagra etc.

I'm all in favour of winter bikes. With sturdier wheels & tyres, cheaper components that can be easily replaced when the wet, muddy grinding paste has done it's worst, and no concerns about wrecking the bike generally because it's not a precious high value machine. At the same time, you want it to be a pleasant ride, so the Mekk is a good choice. You only need a rear mudguard perhaps, and clip on options are perfectly adequate.
For years my 'secret' training tool has been riding my 21.5lb Trek 1000 through the winter, then jumping on my 17lb Trek Madone in the summer. The stiffer higher quality components also make a difference, it's like getting an EPO boost. Not that I'd know anything about that. Or would endorse the use of such substances in any manner or form, at all. Under any circumstances. Unless there was an important race like the Tour de France.

OP
OP
Brava210

Brava210

Über Member
How do you find the carbon pro...been eyeing these up...how do you find the ride?

The boardman pro carbon is a really quick ride, I am far from an expert but it's really comfy too.

My Mekk Consideration...........................will be here tomorrow, I paid £632 in the end which I think is very good, gonna stick some bigger tyres and clip
on guards ready for winter

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Whats a bidon ?
You wash your ass with it, like a posh bog.

Top Bottom