Member Of The Year 2008

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

SO come on all you 'orrible lot - who's your member of the year, who you love :angry:, makes you larf :angry:, touches you right there :biggrin:, and generally a great person :biggrin: from here even though quite a few joined after the debacle of the demise of C- (CyclingPlus)..

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
fnaar, who else would want member of the year?

gavintc

Guru
I dont agree with all her comments, but I think Arch is an important element on this forum and volunteer her for 'member' for 2007. I might change my mind next year, so cannot recommend her for member of the year 2008.

buggi

Bird Saviour
me, me, me!!!!!

waddyamean... i can't vote for myself??

first i would like to vote pzycoman bcoz he's been my best virtual buddy.

second... it's gotta be bonj for managing to wind everyone up! :biggrin:

sheddy

Legendary Member
I suspect Lady Archer needs some rehab, but then again don't we all. Heres to less posting in 2008. Cheers everyone!

Special mentions to all those who played bit parts, the extras, the crew and most of all The Spectators. We who watched and read as threads developed were as much participants as the authors.
A warm welcome to the new members and lets not forget our host, Admin,without whom none of this would have happened. Thanks Shaun, see you in the bar after.

Without further ado. The nominations.

Bonj for his role in 'Winding everybody up!' A rom-com (action,science-fiction, fantasy, period, docu-drama) starring Arch, sometime tricyclist, and Bonj in the character role of some bloke from oop noorth who knows how to spell pedal.

All the characters of Soapbox, starring;

The The Politically Correct Brigade, The Thatcher Apologists, The God Botherers, The environMentalists, whoever. Long may it continue and long may it remain unmoderated.

But the winner.
Who.

Needs no introduction.

The Grand Dame of the forum, the Nitting queen. Great company and all round top person. Who has had a harder year than most of us will ever experience. And remained lovely.

The one and only Ms.A.

i don't think any of you deserve it... but as he's the only member of the forum i've seen this year (twice) and he introduced the Tour de France on stage at Trafalgar Square it has to be the hilldodging Roger.

SamNichols

I give it to Abitrary, simply for being so amusing.

SamNichols said:
I give it to Abitrary, simply for being so amusing.
That's a good call Sam - crap poetry though:tongue:...And. I would place you firmly in the frame as scribe of the year.

Everyone is an ingredient in the forum cake. One of the important agents being the bigtall(low)fatbloke. Who wants to be a sultana? Can't be Fnaar because he's always raisin a laugh...:smile:
Shaun can be the cake tin, the CC jerseys (how's the Bahamas Will ?:rolleyes:) the tinselly wrapper, laurence providing the seasonal robins on top - and I'll be content to eat a slice from time to time.
Happy eating.
Merry Christmas.

gavintc said:
I dont agree with all her comments, but I think Arch is an important element on this forum and volunteer her for 'member' for 2007. I might change my mind next year, so cannot recommend her for member of the year 2008.

Definitely Arch for me.

domtyler

Über Member
Not sure I could come up with an overall winner, more like a best of category, i.e.
Most bizarre posts - Yenrod,
Ability to come up with a double entendre in any subject - Pat Stevens
Most depressing - NickM
Most witty - Tetedelacourse
Most tea and cakes - LotTP
Most mad - Speicher

and so on.

domtyler said:
Not sure I could come up with an overall winner, more like a best of category, i.e.
Most bizarre posts - Yenrod,
Ability to come up with a double entendre in any subject - Pat Stevens
Most depressing - NickM
Most witty - Tetedelacourse
Most tea and cakes - LotTP
Most mad - Speicher

and so on.

Most downright rude: Domtyler

:rolleyes:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Domty Ler, I notice you can now spell my name correctly. :rolleyes:

I have got to out now, and do some work this afternoon. I will take a photo of the fruit-powered clock, sketch a plan of the location of the secret staircase to the basement, and save the planet, all at the same time. :biggrin:

Then I will come home and compose a suitable response to your nominatising of Moi. There must be other contenders for such a privilogue. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Top Bottom