Members hiearachy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have no idea, but once you have a certain minimum number of posts you can call yourself what you want by editing Custom Title in Account Details.

D

Deleted member 26715

Back in the day a members post count was displayed, I thought it was very useful for quickly recognising ones betters.
Still available assuming messages means posts

But unlike on Play your Cards right, points appear to make bugger all.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
If you post enough utter bollocks over a long enough period, I believe your status changes. Apart from that...….who knows?
If you post more UB do they up your hierarchy to keep you quiet? 😁

Back in the day a members post count was displayed, I thought it was very useful for quickly recognising ones betters.
I used to use this as a sanity check, particularly on anything to do with the politics bit.
If someone was particularly nasty/snide/trigger happy, I would just look at their post count. If it was very high related to their time here, I would just sigh and ignore them. Some were mind boggingly high. *
You can of course also check out which areas they post most in - similar sanity check and makes you wonder if some folk have much interest in bikes/even know what one looks like.
Some folk block access to this info - total post count and posting areas - I find that very odd - as odd as if someone blocked a conversational history in real life. But that in itself can be another sanity check.

* there are also of course folk whom post a lot and are perfectly nice.

By the by, with regard to a certain other peddling place of far less members, i was once told in awed terms by one of its most prolific posters that there was a special special special roped off area that was only visible and accessible to an inner sanctum of folk who had made a particularly high number of posts.
I never knew whether this hallowed/bonkers world behind the wardrobe existed but could imagine that it did - I had long thought there were some folks on there who wouldn't be truly happy until they were alone in a cell arguing with themselves.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I believe that quite a few forums have removed the post count from under the posters name in recent years, I gather that having it visible can encourage some people to post an awful lot of bollocks just to get their count up. Apparently some people see a high post count as prestigious in some way.

Doesn't work with everyone of course, and you could argue that we still have two or three here that feel a compulsion to post on every single thread, whether they add anything or not.

I believe that quite a few forums have removed the post count from under the posters name in recent years, I gather that having it visible can encourage some people to post an awful lot of bollocks just to get their count up. Apparently some people see a high post count as prestigious in some way.

Doesn't work with everyone of course, and you could argue that we still have two or three here that feel a compulsion to post on every single thread, whether they add anything or not.
+1

Top Bottom