Members hiearachy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I am not falling into that obvious trap.

Wud be dissappointed if you did ;)

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Create a brand new awesome post that everyone will want to reply to. Note the number of members who reply within 24 hours . Subtract that from total number of members. That’s your ignore total.

Thanks for the Magic Formula :okay:

Second question.

How do i go about creating an 'awesome' post ??

Whats most likely to get the pulses racing, and the typey fingers tippity tappitting ?? :rolleyes:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
There's a relationship between quantity and quality?
When did this start?
:biggrin:

Inversely proportionate.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine

Photo of an Aubergine 🍆 that folds out into a fully formed Brompton on the Col du Tourmalet.

OK its a start :rolleyes: might take a bit of time - and have to wait a year.

Anyone got a spare Brommie lying about unloved ??

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Uber, guru, well known etc, what is the full list and how many posts does each level require?

Mike
I couldn't remember offhand so had a search around for when it was last asked about. This is what @Shaun had to say:
They are frivolous titles, based on equally frivolous totals of trophy points, for a bit of fun and silliness ^_^:

0 - New Member
50 - Member
100 - Regular
250 - Active Member
500 - Well-Known Member
750 - Senior Member
1000 - Über Member
1500 - Veteran
2000 - Guru
2600 - Legendary Member
3800 - Forum GOD!

When I moved CycleChat to the new Xenforo forum software I wanted to change the previous decade's focus on post count as the primary marker of an informed and knowledgeable member, so I removed post counts from view and did away with post counts as a user title escalator - because people can visit often, post occasionally or rarely, but post gems of info and experience that are really helpful to lots of people.

It's simple enough to click on a username to see the info, and now that you know the titles are a bit of meaningless fun you can treat them as such.

Of course if you feel mislead or cheated by them, other, more serious cycling forums are available (that's a joke BTW - you know, just in case you'd thought I was being serious ... :giggle:).

In truth I never put much thought into it, just threw them up and they've been there ever since; besides, members who've been here a while can add a custom title now so it's easy enough to swap them for something more fun, witty, obscure or inventive. :okay:

Cheers,
Shaun

Top Bottom