Memorials and bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FrothNinja

Veteran
Memorial stones though, looking at that turf, I wonder if some have gone walkabout. Will have to check some older pics.
DSC_0668 - C.JPG

Willd

Veteran
Weirdly enough this was a memorial to one of my old Headmasters, the fearsome Welsh dragon Idris Davies, never noticed the plaque before :smile:

2023-02-16 11.46.50.jpg

a.twiddler

Veteran
The War Memorial at the Winsford Rock Salt Mine, Cheshire. Commemorating those former workers from Salt Union Ltd and ICI who lost their lives in the Great War and the Second World War. Formerly Salt Union, now owned by Compass Minerals.
P1020956.JPG

P1020957.JPG

P1020958.JPG

P1020959.JPG

P1020960.JPG

The memorial has obviously been cared for, and is surrounded by snow white marble chippings. Today, just names carved in stone, but once someone's husbands, brothers and sons, ancestors to family members living today, still significant to somebody.

Last edited:

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
The War Memorial at the Winsford Rock Salt Mine, Cheshire. Commemorating those former workers from Salt Union Ltd and ICI who lost their lives in the Great War and the Second World War. Formerly Salt Union, now owned by Compass Minerals.
View attachment 723007

View attachment 723008

View attachment 723009

View attachment 723010

View attachment 723011
The memorial has obviously been cared for, and is surrounded by snow white marble chippings. Today, just names carved in stone, but once someone's husbands, brothers and sons, ancestors to family members living today, still significant to somebody.
Good too see a ” company” war memorial still in existence and cared for . Over the years cutbacks and closures in both manufacturing and transport industries some have been lost.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Separate to the above B29 site, but only a few miles away, is MBIFO the Dambusters Memorial beside Derwent Water.

DSC_4259.JPG

DSC_4266.JPG

DSC_4260~2.JPG

Top Bottom