Men -v- Ladies cycling bib shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Louise Harley

Is there any real difference between these? I don't want to spend a fortune on my first pair till I see if I like them or not, so was hoping just to buy the Decathalon gents. Any thoughts?

sabian92

Über Member
Womens are generally tailored to the female fit. That being said my other half wears men's bibs and is okay but the straps are awkward over your chest, especially if you're "gifted" in that area!

Some female specific bibs have the material go between your boobs rather than straps over but they're really expensive from what I've seen.

I can't think of a bit of cycling kit that would be more gender specific: between legs, hips, waist, chest and ... um ... chamois area it really takes into account primary and secondary characteristics. If the men's works for you, great, but if it doesn't you've really learnt nothing.

(personally skipped bibs so far as I don't feel any pressure from waist bands and I love my moon shaped tan on my lower back)

Globalti

Legendary Member
Somebody has launched a women's bib short with a zip cleverly disguised in a seam, which allows you to unzip the whole bottom. High-altitude mountaineers and Polar explorers have had this facility for decades.

Somebody has launched a women's bib short with a zip cleverly disguised in a seam, which allows you to unzip the whole bottom. High-altitude mountaineers and Polar explorers have had this facility for decades.

I tried one of them on at Evans. The fit felt ok, but that zip did not work for me.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/gore-bike-wear/power-lady-womens-bib-short--ec033513

Top Bottom