Mens TT - Spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
Steve couldn't keep the same pace of the second leg and finishes at 1.05.07
which will not be near the top I'm afraid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
A good result for Cancellara but there are some familiar names near the top.

1 Fabian Cancellara (Switzerland) 1.02.11 (45.350 km/h)
2 Gustav Erik Larsson (Sweden) 1.02.44
3 Levi Leipheimer (USA) 1.03.21
4 Alberto Contador (Spain) 1.03.29
5 Cadel Evans (Australia) 1.03.34
6 Samuel Sánchez (Spain) 1.04.37

I know it's water under the bridge but it's a shame Contador wasn't in the TdF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mondobongo

Über Member
Blistering win by Cancellara felt for Larsson as that was one hell of a ride he put in. Was actually cheering Cadel on towards the finish as hoped he could take the Bronze rather than Contador or Leipheimer.

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
I've been very suprised at the suddenly loss of form by Schumacher between the tour and now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kennykool

Keith Oates said:
I've been very suprised at the suddenly loss of form by Schumacher between the tour and now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now Now Keith...what are you getting at?????

I would have liked to have seen Leipheimer & Contador in the medals today if only for there exclusion from the Tour....Next year tho Alberto will be back!!!!!!!

Great ride from Larson tho - he deserves his silver

Cancellara was outstanding

"When I heard on the radio earpiece that I was six seconds back to Larsson I started giving it everything, I didn't want to lose today," said Cancellara, who hit speeds of up to 80 km/h on the flat section of the highway in the final kilometres.

Time to dump these things and return to 'mano a mano' - or am I just being stupid?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Aperitif said:
"When I heard on the radio earpiece that I was six seconds back to Larsson I started giving it everything, I didn't want to lose today," said Cancellara, who hit speeds of up to 80 km/h on the flat section of the highway in the final kilometres.

Time to dump these things and return to 'mano a mano' - or am I just being stupid?

I don't think it would make that much difference in TTs whether you had an earpiece or time boards (as used to be the case). Cancellara is the best TTer in the world and he deserved to win.

Tetedelacourse

It's still 'mano a mano', just better/ more quickly informed. I want to see the fastest TT possible, someone riding at as close to 100% as they can. If the assumption is that Cancellara wouldn't have ridden so fast had he not had an earpiece in, I fail to see how that would be a better race.

Top Bottom