Mercian Do it all bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
In a few days l would like to have your opinion/advice regarding a bicycle l have bought from Italy . As far as l can tell it is a Fiorelli novi built Coppi frame with campagnolo bits and some panto bits. it is a bit tatty but l could not resist !

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I. it is a bit tatty but l could not resist !

Tatty is patina

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
were you planning on shortening or lengthening the stem?

thanks @mikeymustard shortening but not by much , i see what you mean by the top tube will have to measure it , i was just reacting to feel , but wont do any more changes till i have one of my Selle smp saddles on and set up then see .

Oh and i need to take the lovely old bottle cage off as its too big an i/d for newer size bottles

swapped saddles over and the B17 has gone and a Selle Smp is now fitted and on a pre work ride this morning the reach now feels some where close to ideal , hurry up brake pads

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
As @Drago says bits are in the post with a tracking number so come weekend new brake pads should be fitted and i can get on with putting some miles on this old girl and give the bridgestone a rest

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
New brake pads fitted on the rear so no squealing now .

IMG_20170420_205209302.jpg

Took it out for a liesurely 13 mile ride earlier today.

IMG_20170421_054725156.jpg

Still as smooth as ever and hopefully ready for a couple 30+ rides over the weekend ^_^

Drago

Legendary Member
Tidy looking scoot. Is this one a keeper?

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Well 39 mixed surface ride done today .

From narrow lanes , Main roads , winding country roads and a section of the Brampton Valley cycle way so a real mixture of surfaces .

A lovely ride with a few small hills to get the blood moving

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Another 41 miles this morning really relaxed ride but with a fair average considering

Another faultless ride by the bike shame cant be said about the engine but hey ho

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Been clocking the miles on this one this week in the wet weather and it really is a relaxed ride that can cover the ground quite quickly when asked , dont panic once project Webster is finished it will get a rest .

Top Bottom