England : Greater Manchester Mere 200 - 27/01/13

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
120 ish miles in January , your a braver man than me , im feeling cold just thinking about it

tubbycyclist

Got a feeling this one is in my diary as a January warm up. Done it as a perm and it is definitely pretty flat, although you may not think that when heading to Delamere. Seem to remember the route being quiet lanes after Ellesmere, so could be a touch slippy.

Might even stay on the same routesheet as you this time ;)

OP
OP
middleagecyclist

middleagecyclist

Call me MAC
120 ish miles in January , your a braver man than me , im feeling cold just thinking about it
Come on. It's only a short one!

Anyway, I'm after completing a century a month in 2013 and really want to do an SR in prep for LEL. However, if the weather is very wet on the day I will not be doing it as will be using the naked road bike (audax bike due Spring). Cold I can do but not cold and very wet at the same time :smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
For obvious (poor health) reasons, I won't be doing A Mere 200 in 2013, but I did ride it back in 2007.

My riding partner and I had the south-westerly headwind-from-hell for the first 100 km or so to Ellesmere which was 'a tad demoralising', but overall I thought it was a good route for that early in the year.

Have fun! :thumbsup:

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I should be doing this, all being well. It is a flat route and I prefer some hills (even though I'm hopeless at them) but it'll be good to be out.

OP
OP
middleagecyclist

middleagecyclist

Call me MAC
Yeah! This was looking less and less likely for me due to work and family stuff at the end of January but a colleague has now offered to work the problem shift for me so I am currently filling in my application form. My first calendar event. Really looking forward to it.

Top Bottom