England : Cornwall "Merlin Coast to Coast" 100k Audax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru
is anyone from here doing it? I'll be on holiday in Cornwall and planning to take the bike, would be quite good to get a 100k in somewhere different - I'm vaguely familiar with the area but there doesn't seem to be a map or gpx on the AUK event so high possibility of me getting lost...

MikeG

Guru
That isn't for about 3 weeks. If they haven't posted the route notes by the end of next week, then contact the organisers, but it is part of the organisation of any Audax that the route is available well in advance.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
That isn't for about 3 weeks. If they haven't posted the route notes by the end of next week, then contact the organisers, but it is part of the organisation of any Audax that the route is available well in advance.

Thanks, the route notes are there just no GPX - is that normal? Wouldn't want to be stopping every 5 mins! Just wondered if anyone else minded me tagging along :smile:

MikeG

Guru
Ah, well not all audaxes load up GPX files. Again, drop an email to the organiser. He'll soon let you know. Route notes are easy, BTW. You won't get lost.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Organiser sent me the GPX link so good to go - see how the land lays that weekend!

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
Looking at it I definitely won't be able to do it, I'm in Bristol the following weekend,wife's working that day too and I've got a planned 100 miler I may need 2 weeks to recover from!

I'm sure the route will pop up on strava or something so I can get a taster lol

Top Bottom