Merlin cycles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zunderm

Hello,
by looking for a reliable gravelbike, I found merlin cycles uk with a good offer (merlin malt G).
So far I never heard of this brand an I wonder if someone had some experience with bikes from this company. Thank you and greetings from the continent.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Merlin are a well established bike shop. They do some own brand bikes probably using fairly generic frames at good prices. Only bought kit off them myself but no issues.

Drago

Legendary Member
They used to have a great magazine ad in MBR with very scantily clad ladies, which generated them publicity alright.

They've been going for donkeys and have a decent rep. Only you'll know if the bike suits you when you ride one.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I bought a Rock Lobster MTB from Merlin in 2001 and still have it today. It has been a good bike. I asked Merlin to make a few changes to the advertised spec for me before despatching the bike and all was done according to my instructions.

The bike was delivered on time. Unfortunately, that was a couple of days after the country's bridleways were closed due to the Foot and Mouth epidemic. It was nearly a year before I rode it! I didn't want to ride round the local roads on it - it was bought for the fine hilly bridleways round here.

rock_lobster_853_hardtail.jpg

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I've bought from them several times online and never had any issues. Correct stuff, and prompt delivery.

I don't know about the bikes, but the company is good.

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
They're doing some great deals on their own brand bikes. Great value specification.

YGWYPF with Merlin. Trek/specialized or Cannondale frames $millions goes into their respective tech that's why the kit is lower end. Merin frames are generic but will do the job.

Thats got a whopping head tube - I thought my bike was relaxed with 160 - but thats has 195 !!! - it almost sit up and beg !

nickAKA

Über Member
I go into the store quite often to have a look at the bikes and buy supplies, the Merlin bikes look decent and are generally better component-wise then most 'major brands' within the price bracket.
At that price though they're competing with retailers like halfords & decathlon so it's very much specced to the price point, hence previous generation Tiagra groupset which is still more than decent, and value at that price. No complaints from me re. Merlin's customer service so go for it.

Top Bottom