Merlin cycles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pommers

This is a heads up to anyone that buys from them: it is a warning post (first post, rant, etc, call it what you may, but I felt people should know that when push comes to shove, Merlin will throw you under the bus)

They used to be good, I have bought quite a few things from them, but I have had the worst customer support I have ever experienced
I bought a pair of cycling shoes from them, and the address was missing the apartment number. FedEx stated that the delivery was completed, although I never got the package.

Merlin does not want to help at all: they need to start a claim with FedEx, but they will not even answer my emails or calls. They just will not help, as they say once the package shows as delivered, they will do nothing more. They will not start a free claim to help me find my package. It is just infuriating, they won't lift a finger to help out: they asked me to call the post office, I did, they asked me to check with the building, I did. Fedex told me Merlin has to start the claim, as they are the customers, but they just won't do it.

Gema, from sales support is the worst customer representative I have had the bad luck to deal with. Be advised, if you have any issue, this people will leave you to rot, with no money and no order to show for.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
If you paid by Credit Card or PayPal, just start a claim. However, this sounds most unlike Merlin to me.

Whose fault was it that the parcel did not have an apartment number? Did you not put it on the order or did Merlin not put it on the parcel?

If the first then you must accept a large part of the blame, but if the second then the fault is Merlin's and they should put it right. FedEx say they delivered, do they have proof of delivery, say a signature? Is this normal with FedEx in the US?

I think you are out of order in naming and shaming the individual sales support person on a forum where they do not have the opportunity to explain/defend their position.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
It is an issue with the delivery agent, but if, as the OP suggests, Merlin don't raise the matter with the delivery agent then nothing moves forward.

I'd claim back via PayPal or CC and let sleeping dogs lie.

Origamist

Legendary Member
I'm currently struggling with Merlin customer support too. My situation is similar to the OP, but perhaps unsurprisingly, Royal Mail have been even more inept. This has been going on for 2 months and it now looks like RM will refund me directly.

Previously, my experience with Merlin (going back many years) has been very positive, but this has left a bitter taste and I'd think twice about ordering from them in future.

pawl

Legendary Member
doesn't sound like the merlin I know.

Nor me.

Tom B

Guru

As it happens I've had contact with the same lass at customer service she was great. Interpreted the rules in my favour and helped at every turn.

Perhaps the OP needs to hit the reset button on this issue and try again. I'd also invest some time and effort into finding the parcel and where it has been delivered to rather than going straight for a refund/replacement.

Origamist

Legendary Member
As it happens I've had contact with the same lass at customer service she was great. Interpreted the rules in my favour and helped at every turn.

Perhaps the OP needs to hit the reset button on this issue and try again. I'd also invest some time and effort into finding the parcel and where it has been delivered to rather than going straight for a refund/replacement.

I can't speak for the OP, but this was the approach I adopted. I checked with 7 of my neighbours, searched the locale, visited the sorting office, phoned the sorting office, phoned RM customer service 7 times, emailed RM 4 times, phoned Merlin and emailed Merlin customer service 5 times. I didn't ask for a refund until 5 weeks later. Merlin were not willing to start a claim with Royal Mail, even though Royal Mail said they were happy for Merlin to start a claim! When
Merlin made it clear they were not going to assist, I had to deal with the RM Escalation Team.

Eventually, I was able to see the GPS delivery data and it appeared the package was delivered to a car park space or hedge approx. 10m for my house. RM have told me a cheque is in the post but I've heard that before. I'll check the hedge tomorrow...

Last edited:

Heigue'r

Veteran
I have also had good service from merlin however if they are unwilling to start a claim with royal mail on behalf of a customer who has not received their goods,it is a poor show for sure.

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
Bought a Merlin Nitro Aero Dura Ace from them recently plus a set of wheels and they couldn't have been nicer. Over the years I've always put them before the other big outlets and never had a bother. that girl was an employee and probably doing her best FFS ! don't name her here.

Top Bottom