Merlin cycles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
This is a heads up to anyone that buys from them: it is a warning post (first post, rant, etc, call it what you may, but I felt people should know that when push comes to shove, Merlin will throw you under the bus)

They used to be good, I have bought quite a few things from them, but I have had the worst customer support I have ever experienced
I bought a pair of cycling shoes from them, and the address was missing the apartment number. FedEx stated that the delivery was completed, although I never got the package.

Merlin does not want to help at all: they need to start a claim with FedEx, but they will not even answer my emails or calls. They just will not help, as they say once the package shows as delivered, they will do nothing more. They will not start a free claim to help me find my package. It is just infuriating, they won't lift a finger to help out: they asked me to call the post office, I did, they asked me to check with the building, I did. Fedex told me Merlin has to start the claim, as they are the customers, but they just won't do it.

Gema, from sales support is the worst customer representative I have had the bad luck to deal with. Be advised, if you have any issue, this people will leave you to rot, with no money and no order to show for.
If you've a genuine problem and they wont play ball, just do a chargeback on your card and get on with your life. It took you longer to type that post than it would have to start the chargeback process rolling.

Mark pallister

A pair of cycling shoes that were known for the issue I returned them for (and was even mentioned a few times on the reviews on their own site) but they still argued the toss and were pretty obstructive and dismissive throughout the whole returns process. I ended up having to foot the bill for the return postage too (which I believe should have been at the retailer's cost in the case of defective goods). Also, I submitted a measured and respectful review of the shoes to their site (in the interest of helping others avoid falling into the same trap as I did) - surprise, surprise it never got published.
😂😂 and you still bought them ?

Faratid

I've always had good service from Merlin, but not from FedEx.
However, your contract is with the retailer, Merlin, and they are legally obliged to sort it out, and not just refer you to the courier/RM or whatever. Of course, this could all take some time, but you should get your money or the goods eventually.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Used to use Merlin cycles a lot not so much now, used to have some god sale items, last season etc but I now can never find anything in stock.

I ordered a new front mech from Merlin yesterday at 3.30PM
7.25AM today it arrived.

Hard to beat that for service. I can fit it and be back out today.

I ordered a new front mech from Merlin yesterday at 3.30PM
7.25AM today it arrived.

Hard to beat that for service. I can fit it and be back out today.

You've jinxed it there mate !

I've just tried to buy a replacement mech hanger for the Kuota. His Lordship quoted me £49.99!!!! And that he said was clearance price.

Top Bottom