Message Editor Interface

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I have found out the hard way that if you try to use the fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor with Firefox it grays out the text box and you can't post or edit anything.

redfox

Seems to work okay for me (Firefox 2.0.0.9)

Hey I can change fonts!

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Oddly enough I am using Firefox 2.0.0.9 too, but just checked and still have the problem if I change editor in the User Control Panel. I can change fonts in the Standard Editor using advanced mode, note to self, must get a life....

redfox

Yeah I realised the font thingy was still there after I changed back as well. Not sure what to suggest if we both have the same version, maybe an add-on is causing it?

I only use 3: Bookmark Sync & Sort (v1.0.7), British English Dictionary (v1.15) and Firebug (v1.05). Feels like clutching at straws though, probably easiest just to avoid using the WSYWIG editor.

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Admin said:
A quick search of the VB community support forum shows quite a few threads dealing with Firefox and WYSIWYG editor, does this look familiar?:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221622&highlight=firefox+WYSIWYG

Haven't had time to dig any deeper, but if you find the answer let me have the thread URL and I'll make whatever change is required.

Cheers,
Shaun

Yep that the same problem. I don't really need WYSIWYG editing, but when it first happen it gave me a bit of a shock. Maybe just a warning note with the options for Firefox users:wacko:

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Admin said:
A quick search of the VB community support forum shows quite a few threads dealing with Firefox and WYSIWYG editor, does this look familiar?:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221622&highlight=firefox+WYSIWYG

Haven't had time to dig any deeper, but if you find the answer let me have the thread URL and I'll make whatever change is required.

Cheers,
Shaun

Yep that the same problem. I don't really need WYSIWYG editing, but when it first happen it gave me a bit of a shock. Maybe just a warning note with the options for Firefox users:wacko:

What are you talking about?

Top Bottom