Message to bike thieves - when you get caught, blame the police!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
These judges just have no idea.

GBC

Veteran
Not exactly new policy for the judge. I know for certain that when I was in the constabulary back in the 70's, anything with even a whiff of 'agent provacateur' about it was absolutely banned.

OP
OP
Sandra6

Sandra6

Veteran
I'm fairly surprised the criminal in question fell for it, you can spot the bikes a mile off.
They've been trying to catch someone for ages with this "plan" this is the first I've heard of anyone being caught, and the judge throws it out!!! Unbelievable.

davefb

Guru
erm, that judge is bizarre. bait cars have been used for ages.. the idea being that it isn't entrapment unless they target that person..
ie, if the police stuck that bike outside someones house, then arrest them for nicking it... thats entrapment..

but leaving it somewhere without targeting a person, not entrapment..

eg
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-17005662

Big boy

when i came out of a shop to find my bike stolen i rang 999.
Told the woman what had happened, she said dial 101.
I rang that number and spoke to a police officer who was in luton, thats 20 miles from where my bike was stolen from.
At no point was there a mention of what does the bike look like we will tell the local patrol cars to look out for it.
A complete waste of time needles to say i never did hear a word back.

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
I would hope we are all taught from a young age not to take someone else's property even if it is lefy lying around! Unless he thought it was his (unlikely!) then it was theft, plain and simple.

it gets worse when you realise the guy is a bad un anyway...

"And he chose not to punish him for breaking the terms of a suspended sentence by committing the new offence.

That sentence – 12-months in prison, suspended for two years, and 150 hours’ unpaid community work – was passed on him in March when he pleaded guilty to punching, kicking and stamping on his girlfriend Chantelle Cannon in a drunken rage."

Lock him up and throw away the key.

IanT

http://www.sprocketwaffle.co.uk
In my experience, scum; such as this idiot will always self-justify by blaming someone or something else for their own lack of morales / judgement.

By endorsing this cretin's view that the police 'entrapped' him, this dickhead judge has, effectively, set a precedent for anyone, who fancies taking anything that doesn't belong to them.

Let's hope this lowlife scum nicks the judge's car and then see how he reacts!!!

To be honest, I'm not sure who's worse; the judge or the bike thief!!!

sidevalve

Über Member
That's the way our society is going, criminals have rights and know how to play the system, ordinary people pay their taxes and do their best and see their rights eroded and their basic personal safety and that of their property vanishing before their eyes. Even the police who try to do a very unpleasant job [yes they make mistakes but it's easy to critisize] don't get much back up from the legal system. Every time an MP suggests harsh penalties for criminals there are questions "in the house" and the criminal lovers step in with the "oh but they've had a hard life" sob story.
Sorry for the rant but I'm sick of criminals rights.

OP
OP
Sandra6

Sandra6

Veteran
when i came out of a shop to find my bike stolen i rang 999.
Told the woman what had happened, she said dial 101.
I rang that number and spoke to a police officer who was in luton, thats 20 miles from where my bike was stolen from.
At no point was there a mention of what does the bike look like we will tell the local patrol cars to look out for it.
A complete waste of time needles to say i never did hear a word back.

That's terrible.
The police here are quite hot on bike theft - hence the "bait" bikes.
When Mr6's was pinched we dialled 999, and someone was out within minutes -and they were checking cctv and had the patrol cars on the look out straight away.
We didn't get the bike back, but when speaking to an officer on an unrelated matter I mentioned suspecting I'd spotted the bike but wasn't sure what to do and she said to ring them and they'd have someone out straight away just to check it out.
Doesn't help when the judges are against them though!

davefb

Guru
I thought , if I find I've been robbed, 101.. So say, I walk from the shop and the bike is nowhere to be seen.
But if I see a scrote riding off on it, 999... ?

OP
OP
Sandra6

Sandra6

Veteran
Too right Dave, shame the police can be so slack sometimes.
Next time, tell them you've just shot him -they'll be straight there!

Top Bottom