Met Office - another wrong forecast

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
Yup the Met office have got it spectacularly wrong again. Here in Cambs not a drop of rain today so far. It has been bright and the sun almost poking through. The Met Office forecast a day of low heavy cloud, prolonged heavy showers in the Midlands and the East from the off, brightening up mid afternoon, so didn't go on the club ride today. I think they lost all credibility when they predicted a BBQ summer last year.
The Met Office are clowns :laugh:.

Has any one seen any of this rain they predicted today? It rained during the night at about 11pm - 3am. But none since.

wafflycat

There was a decent amount of thunder, lightning & heavy rain in the wee hours in my neck of the woods, but since then it's just been overcast & humid.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
It started raining at about 2am last night. not a drop here since 10.
oh well, might go out for a ride this afternoon.

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
gaz said:
It started raining at about 2am last night. not a drop here since 10.
oh well, might go out for a ride this afternoon.

I think your area was supposed to have received a fair amount of rain as well Gaz.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Yesterday I checked the Met Office forecast for the Eastern region and the prediction was occasional showers, some heavy, for Sunday, and that it would be cooler. Earlier they were predicting sustained periods of heavy rain- but those forecasts would be expected to be more unreliable.

Although there hasn't been any rain where I am yet, there is total cloud cover, and it is cooler. Given the cloud cover, and that there may well be some showers later, I'd not rate that as spectacularly wrong. Not yet anyway.

battered

Guru
Chucking it down in Leeds. Actually it may be clearing up a bit. All morning was a washout. They did say "showers", well this one lasted for several hours. Pretty accurate forecast for us then.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I feel sorry for the forecasters - damned if it's worse than predicted and cursed if it's better than predicted though not that many folk complain about better than predicted weather.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Crankarm said:
I think they lost all credibility when they predicted a BBQ summer last year.
The Met Office are clowns :sad:.

They should probably ease off on the long-range weather forecasting, which they will be the first to admit is pretty unreliable, but they probably know just a little bit more about weather than you. That's just my guess, of course. :laugh:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Crankarm said:
I think your area was supposed to have received a fair amount of rain as well Gaz.

Forecast was heavy rain all morning and a bit in the afternoon.

More rain to come throughout the week looking at it, time to but the guards back on?

zacklaws

Guru
Got it wrong where I live too, Said it would start raining at 1000 this morning but as I put my bike outside for my ride at 0950 to set off for the meet up at 1000 it was just starting to rain.

predicted ... cloudy with sunshine and windy

Actual ... cloudy with sunshine and windy

mind you they are only 20 miles down the road from my house ... they probably just looked out the window

Simon

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
Muddyfox said:
predicted ... cloudy with sunshine and windy

Actual ... cloudy with sunshine and windy

mind you they are only 20 miles down the road from my house ... they probably just looked out the window

Simon

Sounds a bit technical that MF :laugh:.

Top Bottom