Met Police collision reporting forms- advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Peps

Did a search on here and google but couldn't find much.

Has anyone had to do a collision reporting form?

Witnessed an accident a few weeks ago. I won’t go in to too much detail but cyclist knocked off by driver turning left. Driver kept going, stopped, then drove off at high speed when cyclist was approaching to get details.

Cyclist didn’t appear injured and bike looked ok on quick inspection but I had to leave so I’m not 100% sure no injuries or no damage to bike.

I gave the cyclist car reg, description of driver and my details and encouraged him to contact police.
Met Police traffic rang today saying they would post a questionnaire regarding the incident.

Been on their website:
http://content.met.police.uk/Article/Collision-forms-and-reports/1400005513174/1400005513174
and the forms on there under related publications all seem to be for the person involved.

Does anyone know if there is a different form for witnesses or if I get this one would I just fill in my account of what happened and leave the rest as I know no details about the cyclist and I’ve just got a reference number for the incident?

Maybe wait til you get the form that they are sending?

OP
OP
M

Mr Peps

Was just hoping someone knew whether it was one of those forms or not as I will probably get it at the weekend when I have a lot on and I could draft most of it beforehand.

It's none of those forms. It's what it says on the tin - a questionnaire containing questions about what you saw etc. It won't take long to fill in, it asks for brief responses rather than an essay, and besides, if you return it within a month you'd be faster than most I've sent out in the past!

OP
OP
M

Mr Peps

It's none of those forms. It's what it says on the tin - a questionnaire containing questions about what you saw etc. It won't take long to fill in, it asks for brief responses rather than an essay, and besides, if you return it within a month you'd be faster than most I've sent out in the past!

Thanks that's all I wanted to know.
Pretty sure nothing much will come of it but didn't want to let the cyclist down by not doing it for too long.

buggi

Bird Saviour
don't think because the cyclist got up he's not injured. i know a guy that was knocked off on a cycle path (vehicle coming out of an entrance). The driver got out, helped my mate up from under his car, pulled out his mangled bike and asked my mate if he was ok. in shock, my mate said yea. driver drove away without giving any details. my mate went home thinking he was just bruised. Over the next month his legs started to tingle gettin worse and worse to the point where one day, he was walking along and all the feeling in his legs went and he fell over. turned out he had a spinal injury, rushed to hospital, operation, still have physio 6 years later!!

shocking thing was, school wouldn't give the details of who it was and police couldn't be arsed to trace the car. when my mate contacted MIB for compensation they said the car was so rare there was only 4 of them in the county.

classic33

Leg End Member
Thanks that's all I wanted to know.
Pretty sure nothing much will come of it but didn't want to let the cyclist down by not doing it for too long.
Why not use one of those from their site as your draft. Getting it down "on paper" as soon as possible.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
From an incident I reported a few years ago, basically a brief description required – and you can draw sketches to demonstrate.
Nothing too difficult

Top Bottom