Met someone interesting on the road.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
About 10 mile from home on a 35 mile ride I started catching up with someone ahead .Normally I am the one being passed so this is an event for me :-)

As I draw close I can see why the guy isnt too quick, he is well laden down with panniers ,camping gear etc and believe it or not a surfboard strapped down the right side of the bike on a specially made rack that allowed his right leg to go between the board and the bike.

Considering the weight of kit on the bike I now realize that this is one strong cyclist, got chatting and he is 6 days into a tour heading for Northern Spain.

I rode with him for a bit and through the town so I could leave him close to his mates house where he would be spending the night.This added about 15 miles to my ride but what a privilidge to ride along side someone like that.Good Luck "H" if you should ever read this. Wishing you a great tour.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
EPIC! going on tour with a surfboard? best of luck to him.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Ha ha! My Irish pal used to ride his MZ250 up to Scotland with his skis (they were long in those days, over 2m) strapped each side of the bike and meeting together behind the number plate. He got a few stares from Police officers but never got stopped. He was an original, bless him. Dead now - liver failure.

Top Bottom