Meta - Moaning: Moaning about moaning.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Moaning is a key part of British culture. However, on a number of recent threads (pedal spanners, Brexit, Covid) CCers have taken things to a whole new level, by moaning about how much other people are moaning. What could be more British?

To celebrate this, the "Meta Moaning" thread is presented.

Moaning about what, or who really gets to you? This is the place to moan about the moaners.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

roubaixtuesday

Here's mine: Football referees.

Post match analysis is a never ending moan-fest about referees and VAR! They go on, and on and on about it! Why don't they just stop moaning and get on with it!

Dan77

Is this a moan about people moaning about moaning? And am I now moaning about this post being a moan about people moaning about moaning?

Anyway, if you think this is bad, check out the NextDoor app. What a moanfest that is. Or watch Bing bunny, the little t**t!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
The facebook page for my local town is a brilliant example of this ... even if someone makes a perfectly reasonable, salient point on a local issue, within minutes, people will be moaning about it, and then there will be counter-moaners. So, I'm taking this chance to man about the lot of them .:boxing:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Oh God, the pedal thread... I posted what I thought was a reasonably uncontroversial comment (that my pedal spanner sees a lot of use and it's worth having one) and I see I've been summoned to be moaned at as an "outlier"! I'm therefore done with that thread. It's not a hissy fit or anything, I just can't be bothered debating. People have opposite views, that's fine.

I tend to do that a lot, if someone invites comment, advice, or opinion, then I'll share mine. I'll go back once or twice maybe to see whether there were agreements / disagreements, and then I'm generally done and I don't go back. Life is hard enough already without getting dragged into internet arguments and moan-athons. Some people here could argue and moan in an empty room and some of the big threads have seen the same people arguing for months... I don't know how they do it.

Moaning about technical details in TV or films (especially period detail).

Moaning about TV/film adaptations of books/TV; "it's not like the book. He/she doesn't look like that. They cut loads out." etc

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I simply avoid it. I sometimes get dragged in without realising but when I realise I do one. Perhaps I'm not British enough? Should I be worried about deportation? My distant family moved to the UK from Austria in the 1800's after all...

OP
OP
R

roubaixtuesday

I simply avoid it. I sometimes get dragged in without realising but when I realise I do one. Perhaps I'm not British enough? Should I be worried about deportation? My distant family moved to the UK from Austria in the 1800's after all...

Ridiculous. Turning up on a thread about moaning about moaning and not even managing to moan? Should be ashamed of yourself.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Mr WD can and does moan about anyone and anything. I quite often just switch off much the way you do when kids just won't shut up.

I think they get worse as they get older if that is possible.

I tend to prefer to laugh a lot . Your a long time dead as they say, and I don't want to waste what time I have left on things or people I can't change.

Top Bottom