Meta - Moaning: Moaning about moaning.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am going to suggest that the question mark ends the sentence. If I am correct you should have spelled "it" with a capital letter. Also those full stops are superfluous.
Strong puncto and grammar nazi there Rusty.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Yes but they have refined it by old age. I note that moaning type pensioners like Battenberg but don't like drafts.
They should focus on the Battenberg.

There has been some recent research. Repeatedly moaning causes the moan gene to under biogenesis , producing many copies of itself. It replicates at the speed of light and becomes permanently switched on in every cell.

In effect the moan muscle gets stronger and fitter through exercising it.

Moaning about what, or who really gets to you?

Anything British. Culture and people. We literally are a nation of moaners. Social media, work, tv, family, (and let’s not forget the classic weather rant) there’s no escape from it and it’s quite sad really. At some point even the easiest going person gets sucked in, it’s contagious. Hell, even the fact I’m posting this is proof of the pudding! It seems we’d much rather moan about something and/or make some passive aggressive comment or action than tackle whatever is bugging us head on, being direct and moving on. I’ve never known a country so negative about anything and everything. Small wonder I find myself withdrawing from society.

Last edited:

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
I thought I would pop into the thread and see what is happening. It doesnt look that moany in here. I could have a moan about it not being quite as moany as I would have liked, but I am by nature more of a ranter than a moaner.

Looks like a decent bunch of folk though. And I like what you’ve done with the flooring. Is that a sea buckthorn room mist I can smell? Nice…

My observations, for what it’s worth. Discussion is at your discretion, obviously. Or you could just sit there and chunter under your breath:

• Old people moan, it seems, at a much greater rate than the median aged mass. Does death’s relative imminence induce a moan-stirring eddy?
  • Early retired men appear high on the Moan Index: this thing or that thing isn’t quite right about the air damper on the Audi, or those marigolds are quite orange-coloured. Will joining a parish council committee help them deal, or should psychotherapy be administered? Are the two treatments mutually exclusive? I’m seeing a business opportunity.
  • Moaning is more infectious and deadly than Variant Delta. The moanee spreads more moans with every interaction, until, like the whole “butterfly wing theory“, somewhere, a crazed gunman kills nine innocent people in a drive-by. It all began somewhere else with a misery-dump focussing on the restricted supply of ten speed rear mechs from Japan.
  • An anti-moan serum has been invented. Namely, objective reality. That stuff, out there. Look. The world is good. Amazing even.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
For Gawds sake, is this thread still going

Ajax Bay

Guru
I came across this quote from the theologian, the late Jonathan Sacks who put it thus (adapted): "Be a night rider, not a moaner. Switch your front light on, don’t curse the darkness".

Top Bottom