Metric century from Harrogate, Friday, 24th August, 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
It looks less OK for Friday though ... Saturday, on the other hand, looks actively rather good.

Wage slavery rules this one out for me, which is a pity given it's handy for my static caravan, and I know the company will be excellent.

Saturday, on the other hand...

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Wage slavery rules this one out for me, which is a pity given it's handy for my static caravan, and I know the company will be excellent.

Saturday, on the other hand...
Sorry - there are too many people involved to change the day now unless the weather turns unbearably horrid for Friday.

There will always be people who can only do the original date so I don't like to change ride days unless I have to - THIS was a very good example of an emergency last-minute change! :eek:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Sorry - there are too many people involved to change the day now unless the weather turns unbearably horrid for Friday.

There will always be people who can only do the original date so I don't like to change ride days unless I have to - THIS was a very good example of an emergency last-minute change! :eek:

Worth an ask, or as we say up here: shy bairns get nowt.

colly

Re member eR
So having now sorted out which day of the week it is...

Friday still looks good weather wise. Bit of a chill at times and a chance of rain about lunchtime but it's not going to be belting down. Wind moderate from the west so nowt to worry about.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

So having now sorted out which day of the week it is...
:whistle:

Friday still looks good weather wise. Bit of a chill at times and a chance of rain about lunchtime but it's not going to be belting down. Wind moderate from the west so nowt to worry about.
A bit of a slog home for @Sea of vapours though if he does meet up with us!

I can't remember if you have met Carrie and/or Kevin before? They should be hanging about in front of the station before Brian and I arrive. Think tiny blonde (Carrie!) and you won't go far wrong. Unless there is another tiny blonde cyclist about at the same time, in which case, you might do! :laugh:

This should help ...

Carrie Kevin et al.jpg

colly

Re member eR
No havent met your pals before but l'm sure we will sort it out.
I may ride up to Harrogate on Friday.

I'll see how l feel.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Ah, I have discovered that apart from RMT industrial action (probably) scuppering the participation of me and @Littgull on this year's Scarborough forum ride on 8th September, it would also prevent us postponing the Harrogate ride to this Saturday OR the following one because both are ALSO strike days! Let's hope that the weather on Friday IS ok!

@Julia9054 (or anyone else who knows Masham) - any suggestions for a good cafe? I think I routed the ride past a couple but I have never been there before so I can't really choose one. Preferably somewhere where 7 or 8 bikes could be conveniently and securely locked up and where we could keep an eye on them.

Julia9054

Guru
I do know a good cafe. Can't remember what it's called but its right on the market square.
Hope trains don't scupper the Scarborough ride - i have already booked accommodation. Was prepared to ride back to York the next day due to the bike space booking thing but would rather not have to ride all the way home

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I do know a good cafe. Can't remember what it's called but its right on the market square.
Hope trains don't scupper the Scarborough ride - i have already booked accommodation. Was prepared to ride back to York the next day due to the bike space booking thing but would rather not have to ride all the way home
It is only Northern trains that are affected. The trains from Scarborough to Leeds are Trans Pennine Express.

The problem for Littgull and I is that we need Northern to get to and from Leeds!

Ah, I have discovered that apart from RMT industrial action (probably) scuppering the participation of me and @Littgull on this year's Scarborough forum ride on 8th September, it would also prevent us postponing the Harrogate ride to this Saturday OR the following one because both are ALSO strike days! Let's hope that the weather on Friday IS ok!

@Julia9054 (or anyone else who knows Masham) - any suggestions for a good cafe? I think I routed the ride past a couple but I have never been there before so I can't really choose one. Preferably somewhere where 7 or 8 bikes could be conveniently and securely locked up and where we could keep an eye on them.
Yes, I noticed that earlier this morning @ColinJ. The next 3 successive Saturdays are scheduled as 'strike days'. Not looking good for the Scarborough ride on 8th September. On a brighter note the forecast for this Saturday currently looks significantly better for Harrogate and the route of our ride compared to the forecast nearer home. We will likely get some rain on Saturday on the route but hopefully just a few periods of light showers.

Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Yes, I noticed that earlier this morning @ColinJ. The next 3syccessive Saturdays are scheduled as 'strike days'. Not looking good for the Scarborough ride on 8th September. On a brighter note the forecast for this Saturday currently looks significantly better for Harrogate and the route of our ride compared to the forecast nearer home. We will likely get some rain on Saturday on the route but hopefully just a few periods of light showers.

Fingers crossed.
FRIDAY! :okay:

Yes, I noticed that earlier this morning @ColinJ. The next 3 successive Saturdays are scheduled as 'strike days'. Not looking good for the Scarborough ride on 8th September. On a brighter note the forecast for this Saturday currently looks significantly better for Harrogate and the route of our ride compared to the forecast nearer home. We will likely get some rain on Saturday on the route but hopefully just a few periods of light showers.

Fingers crossed.[/QUOTE
Ha ha yes, meant this Friday, of course.

Top Bottom