Mice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
The squeaky sort.

Anyone know of a way to move them on that doesn't involve trump like death and destruction.

I have one that visits late at night. We were formally introduced last night, quite well kept, shiny and extremely brave little soul.

I gather though, that there is no such thing as having one mouse, so keen to move them on.

Any proper, efficient, sensible (here's wishing) and practical ideas?

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
The squeaky sort.

Anyone know of a way to move them on that doesn't involve trump like death and destruction.

I have one that visits late at night. We were formally introduced last night, quite well kept, shiny and extremely brave little soul.

I gather though, that there is no such thing as having one mouse, so keen to move them on.

Any proper, efficient, sensible (here's wishing) and practical ideas?

We had a few mice and bought one of these humane mouse traps

upload_2017-4-13_8-12-41.png

Baited it with chocolate. Caught all the mice over a period of about a week (I think there were three). We just took them to nearby fields and released them

stalagmike

Enormous member
Peanut butter is a good bait for them too. Once you have moved them on check for any obvious ways they might have got in and block them up, although they can fit through a hole the diameter of a pencil so that can be difficult. Also try and find what food of yours they may have been attracted to. Check the backs of your larder cupboard etc.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Caught all the mice over a period of about a week (I think there were three). We just took them to nearby fields and released them
Where they all almost certainly died due to predation because of unfamiliarity in a strange area.
They also probably had nests near your house. The baby mice have now died of starvation.
Unless the mice are causing damage, just leave them alone, they ain't hurting anyone.

Julia9054

Guru
Where they all almost certainly died due to predation because of unfamiliarity in a strange area.
They also probably had nests near your house. The baby mice have now died of starvation.
Unless the mice are causing damage, just leave them alone, they ain't hurting anyone.
Until they poo in the bottom of your oven. The smell when you switch it on is disgusting.
Ours got the traditional mousetrap option, I'm afraid.

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
Traps and poison. Mice spread virus and bacteria and having them in the house and kitchen aint good.

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Is that really viable though.

I understand they are incontinent and if they do find their way into, say, the bread bin, or wander across the washing up, over knives, forks, plates..etc...would that not be a health issue. I cant keep everything airtight...all of the time.
Plus, if left alone, would that not encourage more and.more untill I am flooded with mice?...is that how it works.
However, I would like to leave the mouse to its own devices if I could be assured that it wont harm me in any way or become a genuine pest.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Ours got the traditional mousetrap option, I'm afraid.
Don't get me wrong, I've no aversion to killing vermin in the house.
What I find hard to understand is the people who catch and release things like mice, spiders etc. thinking they are being humane. They are not.

pawl

Legendary Member

I bet that's made you feel a whole lot better about about your mice removel plans

Top Bottom