Mice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
One thing to think about with regards to putting down pellets is secondary poisoning. If a poisoned mouse gets eaten by a bird of prey, it can have consequences on them too

I live in the middle of nowhere so get a lot of mice in the loft, especially around harvest time when the fields are being disturbed. Mechanical traps are the only option for me and these give the swiftest and cleanest finish from my experience.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aspectek-M...TF8&qid=1492083871&sr=8-4&keywords=mouse+trap

classic33

Leg End Member
This what you mean @Drago?
Mousey Fecker.jpg

Mouse traps!!
Never Give Up.jpg

D

Deleted member 26715

dont rats eat mice ?
This is actually a Good News story, if you have Mice it means you Don't have Rats, they will not inhabit the same space.
They will be causing damage though, apart from peeing all over everything they walk on. Mice will chew the insulation on any cables they come across, they seem to like it.
Cables are normally very slightly warmer than the surrounding area especially if they are turned on, this is appears to be the reason they eat them, this BTW is hearsay & not proven fact.

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
What I find odd is the 'holier than thou' attitude of some people who think they are being humane by removing the critters to a distant place, when in fact that is killing them by other means - probably slower and more painful as well.
Or perhaps they just can't bring themselves to kill a mouse.

U

User169

careful with pellets, as if they die under the floor boards the stink is horrendous (speaking from experience) and takes weeks to disperse

And is followed by a plague of flies.

U

User169

try it with a rat.

and due to the size it lasts a lot longer!!

I did, unforunately!

We realized we had a rat problem when Mrs DP couldn't get the lever to go down on the toaster. She took a look in the top and and a rat shot out.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Those sonic devices seem to work in our house. I haven't seen a mouse in our cellar since I plugged one in. Seem to work with spiders too as no spiders this winter. I must say I don't like either of them so, result.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Until they poo in the bottom of your oven. The smell when you switch it on is disgusting.
Ours got the traditional mousetrap option, I'm afraid.
We found poo in the crumb tray of our toaster. All thoughts of humane capture and re-release went out of the window at that point.

Edit: sorry, I hadn't read the whole thread before posting.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Top Bottom