Michael Jackson......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes, Yes it does.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
If anyone else is actually watching the 'memorial' crap - I will happily send over a sick bucket. I had it on in the background earlier. :becool:

I heard some kind of hallelujah King business :wacko: and that was enough. I decided to pick up the dog's crap because that seemed a better option.

yenrod

snapper_37 said:
If anyone else is actually watching the 'memorial' crap - I will happily send over a sick bucket. I had it on in the background earlier. :smile:

I feel SNAP - that the service was touching and as much as I never viewed it (the memorial) respect is respect.

snapper_37

I respect your opinion Yens. I thought it was way OTT and somewhat very false in part. But then again, I suppose that's a suitable send off for such a character.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I deliberately didn't watch it as I am not in the slightest bit interested. However Mrs CP had the news at ten on and it showed his Jacko's daughter bursting into tears on the stage, surrounded by people in sunglasses?????

That summed celebrity up for me, all about image, and the inability to look people in the eye.

And the grief stricken little girl showed them true personal values.

GaryA

Subversive Sage
I simply have to share this poignant tribute with you all;

Like the USA, Michael Jackson was a has-been. He hadn't recorded a song worth listening to in over two decades. He had done almost nothing but spin his wheels, hop around the globe from one place to another at enormous expense, and make himself available for award ceremonies to stoke his ego (and give advertisers a reason to promote some televised award show). He existed strictly on image, an anorectic figure nourished by moonbeams of attention, famous for saying that he loved his worshippers when the truth was he merely sucked the life out of them. In his last years, he even looked a bit like Nosferatu, the personification of the un-dead, and his fascination with ghouls was the basis for his biggest hit way back in the last century.

A zombie nation deserves a zombie mascot.

He was a poseur, vamping in weird military outfits as though he were a five-star general in the Honduran army, or a character from a melodrama by the reprobate Jean Genet. He once materialized during halftime at the Superbowl in a shower of sparks, thrilling the multitudes while grabbing and stroking his sex organs, as though that was a heroic activity -- and indeed the nation seemed to emulate him as its culture became dedicated more and more to acting out masturbation fantasies. America was a fat man jerking off on the sofa watching a vampire of no particular sex vogue deliriously on the boob tube.

;)

jim kunstler {clusterfcuk nation}

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Gary Askwith said:
I simply have to share this poignant tribute with you all;

Like the USA, Michael Jackson was a has-been. He hadn't recorded a song worth listening to in over two decades. He had done almost nothing but spin his wheels, hop around the globe from one place to another at enormous expense, and make himself available for award ceremonies to stoke his ego (and give advertisers a reason to promote some televised award show). He existed strictly on image, an anorectic figure nourished by moonbeams of attention, famous for saying that he loved his worshippers when the truth was he merely sucked the life out of them. In his last years, he even looked a bit like Nosferatu, the personification of the un-dead, and his fascination with ghouls was the basis for his biggest hit way back in the last century.

A zombie nation deserves a zombie mascot.

He was a poseur, vamping in weird military outfits as though he were a five-star general in the Honduran army, or a character from a melodrama by the reprobate Jean Genet. He once materialized during halftime at the Superbowl in a shower of sparks, thrilling the multitudes while grabbing and stroking his sex organs, as though that was a heroic activity -- and indeed the nation seemed to emulate him as its culture became dedicated more and more to acting out masturbation fantasies. America was a fat man jerking off on the sofa watching a vampire of no particular sex vogue deliriously on the boob tube.

;)

jim kunstler {clusterfcuk nation}

Sweet.

I like it.

OWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
snapper_37 said:
[cynicalmode] Did she? ;) [/cynicalmode]

Well, the few seconds I saw before leaving the room, showed a little girl surrounded by people in sunglasses say words to the effect of, "He was the best daddy in the world.."

You can see where I am coming from?

Mr Pig

Gary Askwith said:
Like the USA, Michael Jackson was a has-been ...A zombie nation deserves a zombie mascot....

Most of that is rubbish. He amassed a fortune over a long career by making music people bought, lots of it. Although not my taste, very few of his songs were truly poor. Most either had some merit or were excellent and the suggestion that he was selfish ignores the whole life of the man. Much of what he did in life was focused on helping other people, particularly children, and few other celebrities have done more. What have you done?

Sure, he was a weirdo, but as I've said before, last time I looked that wasn't a crime. Seems to me that his heart was kind but he got turned over by the world he grew up in.

snapper_37

ComedyPilot said:
You can see where I am coming from?

Of course. She was like a little puppet pushed forward to provoke the emotions of everyone watching the spectacle.

Poor kid.

Top Bottom