Michael Palin gave me the creeps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Yes, I enjoyed it. Palin is much underrated & under used as a straight actor. He was brilliant in GBH 20 odd years ago.

Geoff Crowther

"... travel far, not fast", Ted Simon
Very good watch, and yes, it did give me the creeps. Cleverly done. The rising figure was very well executed. Looking forward to the rest of it. Palin's an all round good guy.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I thought part two last night was a bit of a disappointment - much too explicit about the nature of the creepy thing, and some very strange silent sequences of rooms (e.g. the attic in Tom's old house) when none of the characters was in the house and it wasn't clear what the point of view was supposed to be. Maybe this should have been a one-hour piece, not stretched over three parts?
I'm not so sure, it rolled along ok for me and left enough room for the story to breathe & with a few loose threads to tie up without being contrived and crushed into an hour.

I guess they'd argue that as a ghost story, there are characters that were in the house, just that you couldn't see them ;)

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I like remember Me, it is an old fashioned style ghost story, quite compelling viewing.

Top Bottom