Michelin lithion 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SS Retro

Just a thought drop Michelin and email after all they made them. http://www.michelin.co.uk/contact

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Sent them to Michelin had them examined they said they can't see a manufacturing fault but they will replace them with pro4 service course tyres and tubes.... Can't complain tbh! So they must know something's up with them to offer me there top of the line tyres and tubes?

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
They probably have no idea I'm on here and still not a lot of companies would offer something worth a lot more complete with extras, although Topeak did the same for me when my iphone ride mount broke, they sent me two ride mounts and a really nice quick release saddlebag.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
I don't know if I should feel bad about Planet X refunding me for one tyre or not lol, but tbh they should of replaced them both in the first place without kicking up a fuss. But I shall enjoy the pro 4's as they were what I was after in the first place, so in total they have cost me 9.99 including two of there top end inner tubes, not mentioning the hustle of constant punctures and emails to Planet X and michelin though

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
And the next day..... Their top of the line pro4's and latex tubes!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 81

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
And the next day..... Their top of the line pro4's and latex tubes!
I am enjoying using the same type of latex tubes on my Cannondale ...

... inside Michelin Lithion 2 tyres! :laugh:

(I have to say that I was surprised how much difference the tubes make, so I am thinking of trying better tyres on the bike now, and using the Lithions as spares for my other bike.)

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
is it weird that i like how the tube feels..... most people get excited over latex but not quite this kind lol! notice much difference with latex tubes?

ColinJ

is it weird that i like how the tube feels..... most people get excited over latex but not quite this kind lol! notice much difference with latex tubes?
They really seem to take the sting out of our rough local roads. Hitting a rut in the road surface now produces more of a nudge through the bars than a jolt. When I ride over a succession of traffic-calming rumble strips, the bike kind of goes 'oom-oom-oom-oom' rather than 'THUD-THUD-THUD-THUD'. And that is on a super-stiff over-sized aluminium Cannondale, bikes which have a reputation for being a bit uncomfortable. I hadn't realised how much difference the tubes make.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
cant wait until the weather changes to try them out then, just fitted them now, seemed a right hastle im not sure if it was the tubes or the tyres. i wish i could of tried the tubes on my conti ultrasports first though to see if there was a difference but hopefully ill just feel a huge difference with tyres and tubes :smile:

ColinJ

I have been experimenting with tyre pressures since fitting the latex tubes, and have decided that (for me) the best trade-off between comfort and performance is with about 95 PSI rear and 85 PSI front. That's with the Lithions. At those pressures, the tyres are hard enough to roll pretty well, but still soft enough to absorb a lot of the rumble and jolts that would otherwise become bothersome. (I weigh 12.5 stone.)

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
I'm a good 17 stone but big built so pressures like that usually give me pinch flats lol, I usually stick to around 120

Top Bottom