Michelin Pro Endurance 4 23mm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uclown2002

Guru
Anyone else have (extreme) difficulty getting this tyre on the rim?

I've probably tried 5-6 different tyres and this is the first one I've had to use a lever to get on. I was not even close without it.

So frustrated that I've swapped an almost brand new tyre out replacing with a 4-seasons.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I have those on my summer wheels and didn't have a problem putting them on, also had them on my winter wheels briefly also ok.

OP
OP
uclown2002

uclown2002

Guru
Bizarre!
Just put the same tyre on my new shimano r500 wheel without any difficulty. Already had a puncture with this tyre so maybe that did in fact loosen it up, although I had multiple punctures as I didn't find cause until 3rd puncture!

Or maybe these rims make it easier but regardless all seems well now.

zizou

Veteran
I used to really struggle with Krylions (which is the model that they replaced) but have found the pro4 to be pretty easy to fit - comparable to a gp4 season.

OP
OP
uclown2002

uclown2002

Guru
I used to really struggle with Krylions (which is the model that they replaced) but have found the pro4 to be pretty easy to fit - comparable to a gp4 season.
Weird. After taking the Pro Endurance off the Aksium rim I replaced it with a GP4 seasons and it was about the easiest tyre I've found to put on!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If you don't talc the inside of the tyre and the tube, yes they are a bugger. Struggled with my front last week as I was being too lazy to go in the house to rob some talc. Let's say I went back in for the rear wheel, and fitted in a jiffy. Certainly much harder than Pro4 Race Service Course..

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I've run quite a few pairs of these on various wheels and they do seem to be tight on fulcrum wheels, an arse to get off and also back on again, I've broken levers before. Weird as you'd think wheels were the same size but they go on/off my open pro rims much easier.

On a side note I don't believe the advertising guff that these grip more and lasted longer than the krylions they replaced, I barely got 9 months from my last pair, and they were the Pro4 'endurance' ones. I did'nt pay full price for them though so can't grumble too much.

swiftylee

they are tight but slow and steady. i had a shop t install mine with latex tubes. pushed bike home and one blew out while i was watching tv...

they wanted to charge me another £8 to fix so did it myself... lots of swearing but done it

Top Bottom