Michelin Pro Race 2 - 700 x 25 tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KMKM

Hi,

After a lot of advice from these forums (thanks!) I think I am going to buy some 700 x 25 Michelin Pro Race 2 (so the older ones) road tyres.

Before I do though, has anyone got any advise on these particular tyres, especially from personal experience.

Good in the wet, decent puncture protection, noticeable difference in cycling-feel compared to bog-standard tyres???

Thanks a lot

AlanW

Guru
IMHO a very good fast summer tyre, and dare I say slightly better wearing then the Pro3 version.

If you are used to the normal run of the mill tyre, then be prepared to very shocked in terms of how much difference a better quality tyre makes!

IME they are great tyres but will only last one season before they become 'soft' and loose their protection.
I have just replaced a set with Bontrager race lite which seemquite good and only half the price :tongue:
On one sportive 5 of us had punctures - all of which were pro race

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
The 700 x 25c Michelin Pro Race 2 are my audax tyre of choice. They are fast, comfortable, grippy in both wet and last for ages (several seasons). I have only had one puncture in them ever!

I like them so much I have them on my winter training bike. Brilliant tyres. (Note: The 25c is a substantially more robust tyre than the 23c to 25c difference would suggest).

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
700 x 23mm's - had for 3 years on 2 of my road bikes (the commuters pile on the miles). Had 2 snakebites caused by one pot hole, twice - second time looking for it...bugger.

Super tyres, and faultless performance.

OP
OP
K

KMKM

AlanW said:
IMHO a very good fast summer tyre, and dare I say slightly better wearing then the Pro3 version.

If you are used to the normal run of the mill tyre, then be prepared to very shocked in terms of how much difference a better quality tyre makes!

Could you please elaborate on how a good tyre would be - better round cornering, more straight-end speed, both etc?

Cheers

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I'd agree with all the above, except I wasn't so confident on them in the wet, but in the dry they had amazing grip (as a 40mph average speed descent of ventoux proved).
Your bike will feel faster, livelier, more comfortable, corner faster and better than basic tyres.
OK, they cut-up a bit as do all Michelins (though the 3s seem better in this respect) but it's worth it.
Enjoy!

Top Bottom