Mickle's tip of the day - Bolts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I sometimes read that some of you use a torque wrench to tighten your fasteners. If you grease them then the torque will need to be much reduced as the setting is meant for dry threads.

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
And, since you've got the grease out, now would also be a great time to grease your seatpost.

Not if you have carbon seatpost. Use a carbon assembly paste instead.

albion

Guru
You forgot the less obvious place, Wilkinsons.They sell Comma Multi purpose lithium grease at £3 or so for 500g. Its not in every store so probably best to deliver it free to your local.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
With Vaseline, nuts, seatpost and a whole lot of f8cking, me thinks this thread belongs to another website.

tyred

Legendary Member
I think Vaseline is now available with added aloe vera. Just the job to keep your nuts nice and smooth.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
You lot are are gonna be in trouble when mickle sees this, I wouldn't f*ck about on one of his threads. :whistle:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
You lot are are gonna be in trouble when mickle sees this, I wouldn't f*ck about on one of his threads. :whistle:

Perhaps if he greases his thread, he'll have less trouble with it
smile.gif

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I don't know why I f*cking bother. :rolleyes:

Point of order. I have not seen another f*cking tip of the day since this one so should it not be tip of the week or are you just f*cking slacking ?

Top Bottom