Micro Pubs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
Two have opened near me, they are great! 20 people and they are jam packed. No, music, no TV's, no fruit machines, people have to actually talk to each other. The one nearest my house always has more customers than the very large chain pub..................practically next door. ^_^

12801187_1566024113712309_970334746606012521_n.jpg

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Where's that?

Bodhbh

Guru
I like them, but not sure I could put up with them all the time. Sometimes, it's nice to sit anon and not have anyone talk to you, but most of them are like living rooms.

We passed thru Dover last year and the place was full with them - at least 4 around the town centre. Dunno, why they took off there - the cynical might say there's not much else to do.

Tim Hall

I like them, but not sure I could put up with them all the time. Sometimes, it's nice to sit anon and not have anyone talk to you, but most of them are like living rooms.

We passed thru Dover last year and the place was full with them - at least 4 around the town centre. Dunno, why they took off there - the cynical might say there's not much else to do.
I went to one in Dover last year as I passed through. Beer was £2.40 a pint, which was cheaper than a 200ml bottle of Coke at our lunchtime stop.

I used to like the 'micro brewerys / taps' that opened near me, but recently, they have become the favoured haunts of the "ohhh this one is superbly balanced, what an exquisite nose it has, can you taste / smell the ( incorrectly identified) hops in that" brigade. I'd rather drink with a load of Fosters swilling chavs , if I'm honest, at least they know what they're drinking.

We have one that has just opened up in our town and I love it. There are a range of very local real ales and about 8 ciders. The only thing is that the land lady can't source local cider so this stuff comes from Devon. It's delish.
There are games dotted about on the tables and I thoroughly enjoy thrashing the husband (at dominoes!).

I've talked to more people in this tiny pub in the last couple of Friday evenings than I have in the whole 12 years I've lived here in the other local pubs.

This is the beer bat that I like to try, 3 thirds of pints of any combination.
pub_zpsvb7dp4ku.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Our local Micro Pub is One Inn The Wood.
And a very fine establishment it is too. Nice and small but with a friendly crowd always in there. It's so nice to go into the a pub and not have tv's or music blaring out.
Their range of local brews and bar snacks are fantastic. When ever I go there's always a new beer listed to be discovered.

12494837_1140062652694743_423773329795618214_n.jpg

12376648_1135809966453345_760120681683252790_n.jpg

12494935_1133933423307666_7654644124057741260_n.jpg

Large

Duty idiot
There is one in Leighton Buzzard - The Bald Buzzard - which I love. I'm fan not a fundamentalist when it comes to ales and, luckily, those who go there are the same.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I like micro breweries, less keen on the trend for micro pubs. There's one in Welling called The Door Hinge. Seats about 6, weird opening times and run by a taxi driver so I don't go very often. There's another about a mile down the road called the Broken Drum but not tried that yet.

Top Bottom