Microwave has gone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
FFS all thats gone is the fuse, it never exploded or anything, in fact I`m more inclined to think it is the bulb thats took it out cause thats been off sometimes and then back on.

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Aperitif said:
Mr Grumpy has a short fuse of course :smile:

I'd probably get a new microwave if the other one had been in use for a reasonable amount of time.;)

Most folk wouldn`t even open them up TBH but hey i`m inequisitive chap and as my job involves fault finding on keeping machines running I can`t help myself. :biggrin:

simonali

Guru
MrGrumpy said:
its a ceramic time delay fuse 8amp, 20mm long, go into BQ and they wouldn`t have a scooby what you were on about.;)

I'm not back in work for another week otherwise I'd have a look for one for ya. Can't you order one out of RS and pretend it's for one of your machines?!

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
funnily enough I`ve been all over our stores looking through some of the PCBs and PSUs looking for these fuses, got loads from 150mA to 3A on these time delay ones but none at 8A, anything bigger is also bigger is length. I was even thinking of wiring in another fuse holder ;) so as to fit a phyisicaly bigger fuse of correct rating. However Maplins had sod all in stock at both stores near me but this morning i`ll make the trip into Dunfermline as theres a little repair shop apparently with the correct fuses for £1.50, worth a shot if it blows again nothing lost really, as I bought another microwave anyway incase it was terminal !

Globalti

Legendary Member
I kept my Hoover washing machine runnning for 17 years with recon and cannibalised parts, until the last breakdown when I spotted some wires, which were about to fret through. So I dumped it, great shame but it wasn't worth spending any more money.

Blue

Legendary Member
Rigid Raider said:
I kept my Hoover washing machine runnning for 17 years with recon and cannibalised parts, .

Aye, but a washing machine won't toast your eyeballs and goolies if you damage them when meddling and continue to use them afterwards ;)

Top Bottom